MeTv in Alberta?

swg
Just Moved In

Could MeTv be added to the line up of channels offered to Telus customers in Alberta? It's a great tv channel and is already available to viewers in the Vancouver area (even as part of basic cable). I would like to see it offered and available to viewers in Edmonton and Calgary.

Category:
Comments
Moose
Just Moved In

I think Calgary should get MEtv. Vancouver has it (KVOS). It's a great channel that is based out of Bellingham Washington.

swg
Just Moved In

I'd like to see it in both Calgary and Edmonton.

ScottyJ Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Merged Ideas - thanks @swg and @Moose!

ScottyJ

kvyoung
Just Moved In

Add me to t he list of those wanting this channel in the Edmonton area.

Kittykam99
Just Moved In

I watched MeTv while visiting my family in DUNCAN BC and I was hooked. I would love it to come to Edmonton! Telus customer for over 30 years!

Community Power User
Community Power User

The more interest (likes) you can bring to this suggestion the better. Telus employees are actively watching the ideas.

linarm
Just Moved In

Why can Calgary not get ME TV as part of our channel line up?? It's available in Vancouver.

Love to see Antenna TV as well. The US has some great retro channels!

ls88
Just Moved In

spoke with a Telus customer today, and they would love for Telus to add the Me TV channel to their TV Channel Content.  thank you

Bruin
Just Moved In

I would like to see METV in Lethbridge and surrounding areas.Telus needs to add interesting channels if they want to keep customers.

linarm
Just Moved In

Any updates on whether Telus is bringing ME TV to Calgary?

guyhenri
Resident

Would love to see METV as well

linarm
Just Moved In

Can Telus comment on requests for ME TV in Calgary?

Community Power User
Community Power User

For MeTV to be added in the various communities people are requesting, a request to the CRTC for a license must be made specifically made for each communitiy by the service provider for license to broadcast a non-Canadian specialty channel. How long that takes to submit and approve, or how much that costs I do not know.

Digger1
Resident

Please add Metv in Fort Mcmurray. I was recently in Vancouver and it is available there on optik tv. If this channel was added l would definitely not "cut the cable"

digger2
Just Moved In

I was recently in Vancouver and noticed that METV is available on optic tv channel 141. Why is this not available in Fort Mcmurray? Please add Metv 

Buttons
Just Moved In

I like Telus a lot but for me me tv might be a deal breaker now that I found out that 

shaw has it with their tv in Alberta, it would be so nice now if Telus could get it now that déjà mainly seems to carry newer shows we don’t have any retro  Smiley Sad

Buttons
Just Moved In

For people interested in me tv  in Alberta, I called Telus today and talked to a really helpful man and he said he is going to try and get it and that it would probably eventually be part of the basics if we get it. He did say it had something to do with the crtc and he was going to work on this. 

Community Power User
Community Power User

Front line advisors have no connection to the group that deals with the CRTC. I can't see the channel being part of the basics as that would require an entirely separate CRTC rule change that would affect all providers. That one does not change easily or quickly. For a niche specialty channel like KVOS/Me TV, outside of BC I suspect it will be an add-on if it's ever added. KVOS' main broadcast market was the lower mainland for many years.

Buttons
Just Moved In

If you look on the channel lineup for Vancouver its in the essential s combo which is for example CTV, global, city tv, omni, CBC , I would call that the basics because it comes with every subscription, that was where  the agent to,d me it will hopefully be included with Alberta’s Telus. As long as they get it here I don’t really care how Smiley Happy

Buttons
Just Moved In

I also meant to say that Shaw in Alberta offers me tv (kvoh) to their subscribers , so hopefully it won’t be too hard for Telus to get it approved by the crtc for Alberta as well. What do I know though Smiley Sad