Loyalty Pricing Program

LDM59
Just Moved In

TELUS should implement a Loyalty Pricing program for internet & TV customers that have completed their contractors. Rather than renewing a contract that is designed to attract new customers, low prices in the first term and higher in the second term, a Loyalty contract would be designed to hold their loyal customers. The pricing of the monthly services could be close to, or slightly less than the monthly average price of a 2 year New Customer contract (less is better). As a long term customer, I do not like the low and high terms of the New Customer contract. I would like to see a 2 year contract with a fixed price per month.

Category:
Comments
Smile
Just Moved In

Does Telus have Loyalty promotional department like Bell?  Every year right before my contract ends for home phone/TV/internet comes along I call the Loyalty department to get new promotional pricing; otherwise my bill is increased to, at least, $75 extra than promotional pricing.    

I understand what you're saying, @LDM59, about how that would be different from a new-customer offer. Our marketing teams are always look for that type of feedback and I've passed it on.

As an FYI, a new loyalty program is in the works and the pilot is being rolled out to select communities so keep an eye out for that.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Status changed to: Closed
Irishgranny
Ambassador

This has been in the works for months....when do the rest of us long-term customers get it ??

@Irishgranny, the program is only in select communities right now but is continuing towards a full launch. We'll notify customers when they are eligible. In the meantime, please feel free to call or chat and we'd be happy to take a look at your bill with you.

valiaig
Advocate

They  have customer loyalty team and they are by far the best I have dealt with 

Irishgranny
Ambassador

Scoto....

Any idea when this NEW LOYALTY program is coming to the rest of us?  This has been promised for months and doesn't seem like we're any closer to getting it !

metgirl
Just Moved In

I just found out about this  - And I am mad... been with Telus  for 20 years or more and I'd really like to see something like your idea of a loyalty program for all of us long timers. Smiley Sad

Just_LH
Coach

They have, they were just called retention department and you have to implore them... but they are nice.

Irishgranny
Ambassador

The new Rewards program 's catalog is hard to read..can't they just write it the normal way without having to scroll down to figure it out !  Also...all the Rewards are just contest entries...so in all likelihood, you spend your points on something you will probably never get.  How about some real tangible items !!

Irishgranny
Ambassador

Sorry..didn't scroll down far enough..now I see Gift cards etc.  Would still like to get rid of the contest scrolling to read.

thetermagant
Resident

A few things I'd like to see: contract expiration dates on every bill. Grant customers the ability to change providers free of charge or penalties any time within the last 30 days of the contract. (After all, it is a contract with a start and end date, just like a lease.) Contact from Telus within 30 days of contract expiration to negotiate a new contract, not just an assumption that the customer is willing to continue the contract at escalating prices. From a marketing perspective: a reward for loyal customers at least equivalent to the incentives offered new customers (we've never received any of the incentives ever promised us, by the way). Lastly, an economy internet package like the basic cable package mandated by the CRTC. We've never used more than 20% of our internet data, and when we asked if there was any way to reduce our costs once we retired, we were told to subscribe to Netflix. When I pointed out that would not decrease our costs, I was told that if we wanted to cancel our contract, we would be charged the full rate for the balance of the contract. Way to retain customers!