High speed internet & Optic TV in Ryder Lake, BC

SVeenstraRyderLK
Just Moved In

Ryder Lake is a bustling little community only minutes away from Sardis (East of Promontory) & we would love to see Optic TV & High speed internet brought to our neighbourhood.  Currently our only options are satellite internet & TV which isn't reliable or as fast as many of us need.  We would really like to see Telus services come to our neighbourhood, there are many residents that would be happy to sign a two year contract for the new service.  We are a diverse community that includes farmers, retirees, business owners, and families.  Please bring High Speed & Optic to us.

Category:
Comments
Waldner007
Just Moved In

I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA ! IT IS 2015 not 1989! 

MooreA
Just Moved In

We recently moved to Ryder Lake. After having been loyal Telus internet customers for years, we learned we were not able to get Telus internet at our new address. We now have satellite internet but would much prefer to have Telus internet and Optik TV. We would be willing to sign a contract for this service.

LisaBrisson
Just Moved In

5 years in Ryder Lake for us.  We've tried Bell, Rogers and now Xplornet.  All terrible.  My husband and I both work from home and internet is mandatory for us to do our jobs.  These have been the most difficult 5 years of my life when it comes to doing my job.  My productivity is way down and stress is way up.  With better quality internet we would be able to do our jobs faster and get on with living our lives and spend more time with our kids.  Coming from Yarrow (where we has ADSL) to Ryder Lake (where we barely get 2 mg/s...on a good day) has easily added 2 to 3 hours to my already 7 hour day.  It's rather embarrassing that something as silly as internet speed can so negatively impact my life...but it has.  My family would be happy to sign a 2 year contract if you made Telus High Speed Internet available to my family and all of our neighbors in Ryder Lake.  Our community would greatly benefit from this service.

Amywaldner
Just Moved In

We home school our son and run a business from our home it is beyond frustrating having slow unreliable Internet.

Carlatho
Just Moved In

Please bring high speed internet to Ryder Lake! 

jstrack
Just Moved In

Please bring high speed internet to Ryder Lake!

Carlatho
Just Moved In

Please bring high speed internet to Ryder Lake. 

jdathom
Just Moved In

I've bought a place and am moving to Ryder Lake in 2016. I currently have Optik in Chilliwack, and having services in Ryder Lake was (and continues to be) one of my main concerns. Perhaps there would be some funds from the Digital Canada 150 campaign, but regardless, I'd be more than happy to sign a contract if Optik (or similar) were to come to Ryder Lake! Please bring high speed internet to Ryder Lake!

ryderlake_noservice
Just Moved In

5 years in ryderlake. had to cancel optik tv and internet when we came. would gladly sign contract to get it once again.

vavas
Just Moved In

1989? There WAS NO internet in 1989. It was barely around in 1999. Most of Chilliwack couldn't even get a reliable dial-up connection to Uniserve Online, one of the bigger BBS's. 

I think it would be great for Ryder Lake to get internet, but no need for egregious hyperbole.

Cyberspaceking
Just Moved In

Ryder Lake resident for 8 years now, been told by Telus rep copper too old up this road. 

Dont understand why they didn't upgrade after the last big storm...

Anyway Telus is too late now as a provincial grant has been awarded to Network Integrated Communications Ltd. to provide this much needed service see January 7th 2016 article in ChilliwackTimes for more info.

I for one will quickly abandon Telus for their consistent lack of interest in this area and advise others to do the same.

Shame on you Telus.

Community Power User
Community Power User

a provincial grant has been awarded to Network Integrated Communications Ltd. to provide this much needed service

That's great to learn. Ryder Lake appears to be a gap in NIC Ltd's comprehensive coverage in the Chilliwack area. Hopefully receiving the grant money will allow them to provide service to you folks much sooner than they might have planned otherwise.

Cyberspaceking
Just Moved In

Update  /   High speed internet & Optic TV in Ryder Lake, BC

Telus service in this area is embarrassingly useless and overpriced. They offer telephone and satellite TV only and both are over-priced and unreliable.

This year alone we have had three lengthy service outages to our telephone. Everytime the problem is with Telus lines on the road and everytime I need to waste my time contacting Telus they tell me it's an old line. This time they say the problem is much further down the road so hopefully more people in the "Telus Neighbourhood" will ask the same question I do.

When will Telus upgrade their lines?

When will we get High speed internet & Optic TV in Ryder Lake, BC ?

Still no internet for us, Network Integrated Communications Ltd was never able to provide service to our area, so our neighbourhood never benefited from the tens of thousands of dollars they received in grant money from the provincial government.

No other options for us here, we have no internet and Telus are the only ones who provide a landline we are essentialy trapped in the "Telus Neighbourhood" and its not that great. Shame on you Telus. Shame on you and your consistent lack of interest in upgrading service to this area.