Disney+

Just Moved In
I’m hoping Telus will add DisneyPlus to the home screen apps like Netflix/YouTube etc
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

It will depend if Disney releases a compatible app. At present they do not appear to have plans to support IPTV set top boxes.

Disney+ Supported platforms:

Desktop Web Browsers (via streaming)

Disney+ desktop browser system requirements

Mobile Devices and Tablets (via free downloaded app)

Android phone and tablet

Apple iPhone and iPad

Smart TVs (pre-installed or via free downloaded app)

LG WebOS Smart TVs

Samsung Tizen Smart TVs

Android TV Devices

Set-top Boxes and Game Consoles (via free downloaded app)

Apple TV (4th Generation and later)

Sony PlayStation 4

Roku

Xbox One

Other Streaming Devices (via free downloaded app)

Chromebook

Chromecast

Apple AirPlay

Amazon FireTV

Just Moved In

If you go to the main menu and go down to apps you can open the google play store and download it there! I came here to figure out how and then saw this and was disappointed but then went and played around and figured it out. 

Community Power User
Community Power User

Disney+ is available on the Pik TV box specifically. It won't be out on Optik.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@nikonrachel Thanks for your idea submission. Disney+ is certainly an area of opportunity our content team had identified based on its popularity. So it is on our radar, but there isn't any news that we can share yet. Once we know more, we'll share it right here within this thread! 

Status changed to: Under Review
Just Moved In

is Disney+ available on Telus OptikTV

Community Power User
Community Power User

Not currently. Disney hasn't felt it necessary to release Disney+ on standard set top boxes yet. 

I'm certain Telus would announce if Disney+ becomes available on Optik due to it's popularity. 

In the mean time, keep an eye on Disney's support page that lists supported devices and platforms