cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'd love to use this service but as best as I can determine blocked calls are simply dropped. This is a problem for me as I've gotten automated calls related to package delivery that would be dropped (not good). It would be nice if the feature simply put blocked callers straight through to voice mail.

3 Comments
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Only concern there is that all the automated robocalls would potentially leave message on your voicemail. Before call control, I regularly had a number of those automated scam robocalls leaving their pre-recorded messages on my voicemail saying to press 1 to connect to a human scammer.

As for deliveries, FedEx typically uses their main number on call display when their automated system calls. I just whitelisted that number and it rings through fine now. 

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Certainly a concern but my experience has been that they rarely leave a message. This week I've been barraged with robocalls and not one of them left a message. I keeping looking at Call Control but the dealbreaker is that I've had a few automated calls that I would never have thought to add to the safe caller list (if I could even find the number) and missing them would not have been good. It would be so much simpler/safer to just send the messages to voicemail.

Reminds me of a person I knew that setup their email spam filters to send these messages straight to trash. Generally not an issue but every once and a while a important message was lost.

In theory not everyone has voicemail so possibly having the option to choose to block or send to voicemail might be best. I'm not even sure what the limits are for voicemail in regards to number/length/retention. I can't seem to find that information anywhere.

Amyj

Thank you for sharing your idea. I shared it with our internal ideas team for review.