cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KFD76
Just Moved In

Hello it would wonderful to have these options below

1. Telus Authorization Page 192.168.1.254 - have the option to rename devices that are connected to the Ethernet, WI-FI networks and Guest WI-FI networks. This way you are aware of who is connected to your internet services. Have the option to block unknown devices or past devices that were connected to your wifi network

2. Telus WIFI app - have the option to rename devices that are connected to the Ethernet, WI-FI networks and Guest WI-FI networks. This way you are aware of who is connected to your internet services. Have the option to block unknown devices or past devices that were connected to your wifi network 

I hope Telus is able to incorporate these 2 features as this will benefit all Telus users in the protection of their personal devices and network. It will always help with cybercrime.

Thank you

3 Comments
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You already can rename wired and wireless devices from the Telus Wifi app. Hit the Devices icon at the bottom. Choose a device and look for Edit in the top right (at least on an iOS device). Android should be very similar. Most of the device names you see appearing automatically come from the devices themselves.

Blocking devices can also be done through the Wifi app.

Boywithdakicks
Organizer

How come the Boosters never show devices anymore? I go list devices and they never load VIA the app, If i use the boosters website log in than they show

Status changed to: Closed
Amyj