cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgeraf44
Just Moved In

It would be helpful to be able to set up automatic recording of all future games of a single sports team, such as the Canucks.  Right now this needs to be done every game manually, and the PVR duration needs to be extended every time as well to account for potential overtime.  This is very tedious and needs to be done continuously (can only select a game to record 1.5 weeks in advance).  The TelusTV apps (in browser and on phone) are also very slow, making the process even more frustrating.  Shaw has had this capability for over a decade, its time Telus implemented an easier way for sports fans to follow their teams.

6 Comments
dgeraf44
Just Moved In

Also, other times this was brought up, Optik personnel mentioned you can just search by your team name.  This does not work for the Canucks in the app nor on the box.  The search result shows other random programs and not future games, or just one game and not other games available.  Please fix this.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Iceberg21
Just Moved In

Looks like this was submitted as a request.  I've just moved over to Telus from Shaw.  The ability to record all games from a certain sports team (Canucks, Seahawks, Blue Jays, etc) was a great Shaw feature and made my life really easy since I didn't have to remember to set the recordings.  I'd like to echo adding this as a future feature.  TIA!

Sticksnpucks
Just Moved In

I also just came over from Shaw and am shocked at how bad the overall Optik TV interface is. But not being able to record for one sports team is one of the biggest annoyances so far. 

markusmd2000
Neighbour

I just switched from Shaw this morning and am shocked that this isn’t a standard option. Who in their right mind would clog up their PVR with all NHL games instead of just their home team? Why even offer a series recording on sports if you can’t select one team?

ES1
Just Moved In

Ditto all other comments on recording single sports team series with extended time. We just switched from Shaw/Rogers and disappointed this feature isn’t available with Telus.