Home

Trusted answers and information about Home Services devices and solutions from Neighbourhood contributors and the TELUS team.

TELUS Home Assistant: now with Amazon Alexa!

Community Manager
  • Contributors:

We are excited to announce the launch of TELUS Home Assistant with Amazon Alexa on Optik TV. This means that you can control your Optik TV, hands-free with voice control using both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. Now all Optik TV customers can use any Amazon Echo device to control their entertainment experience with the simple sound of their voice. 

Getting Started on TELUS Home Assistant with Amazon Alexa

To use the TELUS Home Assistant action for Optik TV, you need an Amazon Echo enabled device or you can download the Amazon Alexa app for free on your phone or tablet (visit this page to view the devices currently supported). Customers will need to pair their Amazon supported device to the TELUS Home Assistant action to use the capabilities. Step by step instructions can be found here.

Commands for Optik TV 

Optik TV customers will be able to use their voice to now use features such as: changing the channel, launching Netflix, or searching for their favourite shows.

Try out some of our most popular commands: 

“Hey Alexa, turn up the volume on living room TV”

“Hey Alexa, change the channel to HGTV on living room TV”

“Alexa, show me Tom Cruise movies on living room TV”

For the full list of commands, see here.

Troubleshooting/FAQs

If you are experiencing any issues or need support, visit our support pages that have lots of information to assist you further. 

Stay Tuned 

TELUS Home Assistant will continue to grow and evolve over time! We will continue to add more information, capabilities, and support. Keep an eye out for more posts. 

Check Out Our Hands-free Google Capabilities 

Check out our Optik Hands-free experience with Google Assistant 

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Comments
Just Moved In

Telus home assistant skill not available on the Alexa app 

Resident

I can't find it either. My Telus rep was able to find it. I tried two devices with no luck.