cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reseller ID of Fax Service

Neil1
Friendly Neighbour

What is the reseller ID of Telus' Internet fax service or who can I contact to get it?  Emailing [email protected] proved fruitless.

9 REPLIES 9

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
While I do not know for sure, I do know that Telus.net addresses are for customer accounts. Possibly sending to the same prefix at Telus.com will land in the correct place.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Neil1
Friendly Neighbour

That email address is listed here: https://internetfax.telus.com/public/teluscontactus.aspx

I got an email back saying we don't have that information.  Seems like a bit of a runaround to me.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Why not call and speak to a rep?

NFtoBC

Neil1
Friendly Neighbour

Tried to call the number they gave me: "Please contact Telus directly at (your area code) 310-3100 with regards to this issue."

Dialled it and got a message saying the number is not available in my area.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Neil1 The "310" prefix is generally referred to as a "service finder" number. Area code shouldn't be necessary. I tried dialling 310-3100 sans area code and it worked. Give this number a try as you see it: 310-3100

Neil1
Friendly Neighbour

I tried both ways and neither worked. Seems the number only works in BC or Alberta.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It should also work in those portions of Quebec where Telus provides business internet services. If you are not within the Telus service footprint for business internet services, (mostly BC & Alberta) then I would not expect these services to be available to you.

NFtoBC

Neil1
Friendly Neighbour

I'm in Ontario is this is the number given to me by [email protected].

Upcraft
Ambassador

Telus is a white label reseller of the Protus fax to email system.  Protus runs the back end system, Telus handles billing and customer support for the users they sign up.  

Press release confirming this:

http://www.protus.com/company/news_room/release.asp?r=128

The phone number for Telus outside of Alberta and BC is 1-877-310-6110

You could sign up directly with the source company and pay separately.  They market the service direct to customers on myfax.com.  

I would guess the advantage to paying Telus rather than the original company would be to have it on your existing bill, and you are priced in Canadian dollars instead of USD too.  Price is about the same considering the exchange rates.  If you do high volume then you should get a custom package direct from Protus/myfax.com