cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LACK OF CUSTOMER CARE AND SERVICE

ltlldft
Neighbour

I really need some help... I have been trying to set up a Business line with the following features, Voice Mail, Call Waiting, Call Display and Call Forward.   When I order the line I was told it would come with 10 features and I stated I only want 4, the 4 that I listed above. Pretty simple concept/request, no?? For some unknown reason there is not one person that can make this happen.  The line was physically run and set up Monday and supposedly programmed with required features. as of Tuesday 08:00 am my customers could not leave a voice mail and still cannot.

I have a pre-existing business phone number that I have had since before "Telus" was even a thought back in the AGT days or 25 years to be precise.  Going forward it is the 403 number and the new Telus number shall be 587.  I want to be able to call forward the 403 number to the 587 number and have someone else answer the calls for me.  As of yesterday when you call the 403 number it rings through to the new  587 business number and if she does not answer it bounces back to the 403 voice mail.  Then they "fixed" it and if she was on the line on the 587 line all my customers got was a busy signal.  The next reprogram it was back to the 403 voicemail. Now please keep in mind that I made my first call to "Telus Support" at 11:15 am Tuesday morning and as of 5:00 pm Tuesday this still was not working and I was on hold for no less than 5 hours yesterday for no one to do what I ordered 2 weeks ago.

So far I have been told that the reason what I want doesn't work is that I can't have voice mail and call waiting together.  However, if you read what I stated earlier this line was to come with 10 features but I can't have 2 of them work together.  I'm confused how about you???  This morning I received an email asking how Telus Customer Service did on my request.  At 08:00 am Wednesday morning (this morning) I started calling back the (I don't know what she is as I asked for a manager but she wasn't very professional) and got no answer for 2 hours.  Finally she sends me an email that says everything is working.  I test it and it DOES NOT WORK!!  When I call the 403 number it goes to the 587 number yay at least the 587 line works so I grabbed another phone and called the 403 again while talking to my girl on the first call and I get the 403 voice mail.  WTF!?!?!?!  I thought this was fixed???  I send an email please change my features to Voice mail, Call Display and Call Forward as no one can seem to do their job and program in "Ternimation Number Voicemail".  I get an email at 12:26 pm the programming is finished.  I test it and it DOES NOT WORK!!  When I call the 403 number it goes to the 587 number yay at least the 587 line still works, so I grabbed another phone and called the 403 again while talking to my girl on the first call and I get the 403 voice mail.  WTF!?!?!?!  I thought this was reprogrammed???  This is 24 hours after the initial call to get this fixed...

Now this is not the first time I have requested this type of service as I have hired out this part of my business before.  My existing 403 number has Call Waiting, Call Display, Voicemail and Call Forward, these features are not new to this number.  I have been told various times that the 403 does not have Voicemail and it very clearly does (did).  After the rest of the afternoon and as of 5:00 pm Wednesday my 403 no longer has Voicemail because if it isn't there the calls can't bounce back to it, both lines can't have Voicemail together.(?)  Did I mention that I have had these services before? So now the way it stands my business is compromised because there is not a person any where in Telus that knows how to program anything.  IF, something happens and I need to take the calls back to the 403 number I have no Voicemail because this is the Telus answer.  

Scenario:

Voicemail

Call Waiting

Call Forward

Call Display

Voicemail

Call Waiting

Call Forward

Call Display

403 Call Forwarded to 587 means that all the features on 403 are surpassed by what features 587 has.  

ALL THE FEATURES ON 403 ARE NON EXISTANT WHILE CALL FORWARDED TO 587. Well that is the way it is supposed to happen anyway.

403 Call Forwarded to 587 which has no Call Waiting and No active Voicemail while 403 is Call Forwarded so calls bounce back to 403 Voicemail.

No Call Forward and both 403 and 587 have all features.  

Take away Call Waiting on 587 and Call Forward 403 no Voicemail on Line Busy.

No Call Forward and both 403 and 587 have features less the Call Waiting on 587 because we cancelled that feature because Telus could not program it.

Call Forward 403 after taking away Call Waiting on 587 and taking away Voicemail on 403 and customers get no voicemail on line busy.

WTF TELUS!!!!!!!  This is 2 days that you have hurt my business and will expect payment in full for features/service that is useless to me.  I WANT TO KNOW WHY I AM GIVING UP WHAT I NEED TO OPERATE MY BUSINESS BECAUSE YOU ALL ARE TOO LAZY TO DO THE PROPER PROGRAMMING?!?!?!?!?! WHERE IS THE CUSTOMER SERVICE?!?!?!?!  WHERE IS THE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION?!?!?!?!?  WHY DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN WHAT THE PROBLEM IS TO NO LESS THAN 6 PEOPLE IN THE LAST 24 HOURS AND IT STILL IS NOT FIXED?!?!?!?!

i WANT THIS ESCALATED AND I WANT CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND I WANT SOMEONE WHO CARES ABOUT THEIR JOB TO CONTACT ME AND FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!  DID i MENTION THAT I HAVE HAD THE 403 NUMBER FOR 25 YEARS!!!!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DanR
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ltlldft, I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. Please send me a PM with the full numbers in question, and I will contact our technical team to have this resolved. Please also provide a number at which you can be reached so that we can call you to to ensure that everything is working as it should before hanging up. Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I don't know about the situation of numbers as separated as yours, but on the centrex system we have at our organization, call forwarding works as it does for you: if the number to which I call forward is busy, the call returns to my number. Standard centrex behaviour.

To help us understand, when would you actually use the 403 number? Your description suggests all calls would be answered by the 587 number. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Calls would be answered by the 587 from 8-4:30 then they are answered by 403. Not that when I forward and when I don't matters. That is not the issue. The issue is that no one wants to do their job and program the features properly. They are looking for the easy way and I know it can be programmed as requested it has been done in the past.

Further more, thousands of companies do this EVERY DAY, call forward to their on call after hours and it does not matter what the number is or where it is and the calls go to the voicemail of the termination number not call forwarded number.  I am not arguing about nor disputing this, what I want is a reasonable request as I said THOUSANDS of companies do this EVERY DAY.

DanR
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ltlldft, I'm so sorry to hear about all of this. Please send me a PM with the full numbers in question, and I will contact our technical team to have this resolved. Please also provide a number at which you can be reached so that we can call you to to ensure that everything is working as it should before hanging up. Thank you.