cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad customer service

robbie25
Organizer

I'm a new business custoemr, and i'm trying to find out when my phone will be here, but nobody seems to know anything. The people I talked to on the phone literally did not understand the problem I was having and seemed confused.

It's not hard. I contacted Telus last week, I signed the agreement, and then I paid the $400 deposit (since my company is newly incorporated, we have no history to establish credit, thus deposit required). Now I just want to know IF my phone has been shipped out yet and WHEN it will be here, and all I am getting is the generic "it takes 5-10 days". But I was told it would be express shipped and I'd have it in 48 hrs.

And nobody is able too tell me specifically when MY phone was sent out or IF it was. I don't care about the average timefor a phone, I want to know how much time for MY phone.

This shouldn't be this hard, not at all impressed with Telus so far

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ginnungagap
Ambassador

Greetings Robbie25!

That's definitely unfortunate to hear and I highly advise contacting our support directly regarding this matter so that they can investigate again for you. You can contact our Twitter Support at https://twitter.com/TELUSsupport or you can call into our support directly at 1-866-558-2273.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ginnungagap
Ambassador

Greetings Robbie25!

That's definitely unfortunate to hear and I highly advise contacting our support directly regarding this matter so that they can investigate again for you. You can contact our Twitter Support at https://twitter.com/TELUSsupport or you can call into our support directly at 1-866-558-2273.

Yeah, this isn't working either.

this really is appaling. Nobody knows anything, or I just get ignored. The support on Twitter, for example, told me they'd get back to me. That was 36 hours ago, and when I msg them directly, i don't even get a response anymore. I emailed the address given to me. Again, no response.

Let me summarize:

2 weeks ago I went online to inquire about setting up a biz acct. I was sent the paperwork, I filled out the paperwork and returend it. Days passed without hearing anything. Finally, I went online to use the chat support and ask when I can expect my phone. After waiting for about 30 min, they came back and said b/c it was a new business, i would have to pay a $400 deposit. Fine. I paid the deposit, and then heard nothing back. No email, no nothing.

This was last week. Now everyone I've talked to either doesn't understand what I'm asking for, or puts me opn hold for 30-60 minutes and then I get a generic "it takes 305 business days" (which is funny b/c that's what I was told the FIRST time, then when 3 biz days went by with nothing, I called them and was told I needed to pay deposit). In short, nobody knows what the hell is going on, and nobody can give me even the most basic information after I've paid my $400. It is absolutely mind boggling to me that a major Canadian telecom could have such poor customer support. I'm fluent in both official languages, and two of the people I spoke with on the phone could not converse with me in either well enough to understand what I was asking. I understand the whole concept of globalization, and cost cutting, and all that. Frankly, I could care less what country the person I'm speaking with is from. But if I cannot communicate with them, doesn't that make the whole point of "support" pointless? It's funny, the number I was given to pay the $400 deposit I had no problems with communicating whatsoever.  It's gone downhill ever since then though.

Now I have been calling, twittering, going online EVERYthing in order to find out the answer to these two simple questions:

1) Has my phone been sent to me yet?

2) What address has it been sent too?

If the answer is yes, that the phone has been sent, I would like to have a tracking number (or at least know the date it was sent and what priority). If the answer is no, that it has not, then please get it on it as fast as possible. I need my phone to run my business. But even if it has not, at least TELL ME, so I will know and plan accordingly.

These are not hard questions. My acct is # 27741930. surely, someone, somewhere can look that up and tell me the status of my phone.

LR
Just Moved In

I have been with Telus for over 40 plus years plus my cell phone I got back in 1990 was called clear net until Telus bought them . I have had many plans and free phone via Telus up until now I wanted to get a new phone and lock in for two year plan but I can't afford the  $70-80 or $90 dollar plans  and the Loyalty department is not in Canada either  they are in India  .  I call to see if there is any thing I can get with a bit of a discount for being with them for years and it is not only my Cell i have but my husband has a cell via Telus and  we have TV ,Landline plus the Internet. Telus has lose themselves . for people that have been with you this long should be a 15-25% discount on all plans across the board along with a new phone too.

Your going to lose Telus if everyone starts doing the same thing and leaving you.

Good luck 

DanR
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi LR, thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with us recently. Can you please send me a Private Message with your account information so that I can have our teams look into it? We are here to help, and we'll do what we can to find a good solution for you. Thank you!