cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been scammed by Telus sales rep and trying to contact Telus.

chelmen
Just Moved In

I have transfer 4 cell numbers from Rogers to Telus. I suppose to pay $115 plus GST.  I got 2 bills so far fist partial close to $300 and $220 following month. I have spent  over 2 hours on Friday talking to Telus  special department. They promised to call me back on Monday with a solution. By now I have not received any phone call back. Is there any way to send a formal complain and talk to someone from the company. I think should call police and notify them about situation. What are the other options? I think I should move my service back to Rogers and work on disputing the charges accruing by Telus.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. I'll send you a private message to discuss your options further, thanks.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. I'll send you a private message to discuss your options further, thanks.

chelmen
Just Moved In
Hello
Can you please reach me at +19056166707 or 587-896-6707.
I’m still waiting for Telus team member to call me back with a solution. If there is no action I cancel the services and going back to Rogers.

Please edit your post to remove your phone numbers. This is a public forum that is viewable by the entire internet.

Desmond
Friendly Neighbour

This is similar to my experience; the sales rep lied (on a recorded line, recorded both by telus and myself).  It took over a month to resolve.   Finially I got an acceptable resolution from a manager.   I'm now having a related issue and cannot get in touch with the manager that helped me (9 emails over as many days ignored), and cannot get anywhere via phone.     

My advice to anyone considering switching to telus is ... don't.    THe phones work, but if you need ANY help, you won't get it.   Staff are not empowered, and management hides.   Customers don't seem to matter to Telus.

In all honesty yes, I know that my 10 lines don't matter to a company of telus's size.    But it doesn't mean that i'm not very annoyed!!

If any manager happens to read this, I'd welcome your help in resolving.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey! Nobody's hiding. Customers matter to us.

I'll send you a private message to discuss options, thanks.

Desmond
Friendly Neighbour

The 9 unanswered emails and inabiliity for anyone on the phone to assist say different.  Managers continue to hide.

I did receive your private message asking me to post to facebook / twitter to authenticate (Even thoguh i'm logged in and posting from my mytelus credentials here).

I don't have a facebook or twitter account.    Is that requried to get real support from Telus?  

Social Media is not required to get support from Telus It's just one of the alternatives available outside of calling.

Desmond
Friendly Neighbour

It sounds like I either need to call in, spend a lot of time on hold, and get no resolution (note I've already done this) or to have social media.

I'm posting on a telus.com forum, using my mytelus credentials.  Why on earth can't a manager (who is empowered to help, not just an entry level supervisor attempting to placate) call me without additional hoops?

Desmond
Friendly Neighbour

Looks like two posts were deleted here. One from another member, and my response.   Does telus make a habit of removing posts critiquing (poor) customer service?

Perhaps providing better service would be easier than trying to sanitize the internet?

That's common when it comes to my posts. Not sure why.

Desmond
Friendly Neighbour

Here's the deleted posts:

Syaoran (All-Star) posted a new reply in Mobility Devices on 04-23-2024 01:23 PM:
If they made it easy. There wouldn't be any need for this forum.

Desmond (Neighbour) posted a new reply in Mobility Devices on 04-23-2024 01:37 PM:
This is rediculous. I thought rogers was bad ... but rogers customer service is white-glove compared to telus. I actually don't think i've ever seen worse tech service ... and I was with Shaw here in Winnipeg for years!

I wish I understood the people who delete posts.  I'm going to assume one of which, is the community manager, since they do not reply to the previous questions I have asked them by DM.  Instead of looking at what isn't always positive here as bad and deleting it.  Telus should be encouraging staff to do better and taking those experiences as feedback and improving upon them.  If my contact within the company is actually reading these boards as I have been told.  I hope they look at this and the many other deleted examples of trying to be helpful here instead of hiding behind their DM's and not actually sharing solutions that might help others.  Otherwise, I will be taking my feedback directly to the person once again in hopes that not only Telus wanting to do better, but some retraining on how to deal with customers and poptential customers in a friendly, open, and honest way, could actually help restore the image of the company that promised Canadian's with the slogan, "The future is friendly".  

Desmond
Friendly Neighbour

I know that the amount of money I pay monthly is a minor drop in the ocean to them, and thus I as a customer don't matter, individually.     They could at least lie to me by making me feel valued though.    A reply email is a courtesy even this low-value client should receive (note 9 emails to a previous manager who asked me to reach out to him with any further issues have gone unanswered ... not just unresolved but directly ignored).

Every customer should matter equally! Every customer deserves the best customer service and support Telus can provide!

phangle
Friendly Neighbour

So, call and wait for hours on the phone, or get manipulated by a bot on social media—great options.

Yes, I agree with this. Telus needs to stop the "prompted script responses" (that seem fake/not genuine ) that are given to the unfortunate front line employees who have to deal with frustrated customers. Provide good consistent service; and if that sometimes goes south then provide solid, effective customer support. Words mean nothing when you can't reach anyone, or they are not reaching out to their customers who need support. 

111DJK
Just Moved In

This happened to me last year...I saved my texts, after one of their sales reps promised the moon, only to find my bill increased several hundreds of dollars (despite my repeated questions and being reassured about the offer). Rep did not return my texts after that. It was resolved, but meant much of my time on the phone resolving the issue.

NOW, incredibly Telus is going the ridiculous chatbot route for customer support, and now even the dreaded phone support numbers are difficult to get. That's why I'm here in this forum. And a new twist - if they deem it's not a "Telus issue" then they will charge $100+ for a tech visit!! 

This year alone I've experienced: my parents' issues with their WIFI modem and several visits from technicians; their Optic box replacement, billing issues (one phone support tech insisted they weren't signed up for channels they've received for years, recorded program losses; I've experienced sketchy on/off WIFI quality, an Optic box replacement that hasn't arrived yet - from a call made before Easter. I believe something is going horribly wrong with Telus. I've been a customer for decades and customer support/service - while pleasant - is growing more awful as far as promptly solving issues. From my experience, it's getting worse. While I understand issues come up, for the amount we pay in Canada for services this should be occasional. The problems to me, though, are increasing. All this, and a customer support network that seems inept and rarely solves anything efficiently, simply makes it worse. 

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll send you a private message to discuss options. thanks.

phangle
Friendly Neighbour

This is very similar to my experience. I was locked into a contract, and suddenly, I was paying more without anyone contacting me. The government needs to clamp down on this monopoly. When I phoned Tellus, I was on the phone for hours.

It just happened again. There doesn't seem to be any recourse for this abuse of power.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. I'll send you a private message to discuss further.