cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crappy company and horrible customer service

Carre
Just Moved In

Unfortunately for me this crappy company with the most horrible customer service bought ADT. They call every phone number on my emergency call list, all there is is a message, no actual person and they call the cops after I called them and told them not to. Not to mention they tell me the alwarm went off because they lost communications after they just installed a brand new system I paid hundreds of dollars for because they told me my old system was no longer supported and that is why they kept loosing connections. 
i can’t help but feel they are liars, cheats and thieves. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Here is my situation. Telus bought ADT a little while ago and ever since they did they keep calling about once a month because they lost contact with my system. Now this is obviously not an emergency. I mean they keep me on hold at least 30 minutes each time I call them back. But they call everyone on my list anyways. And they don’t actually speak to anyone. They have some automated message that vomits a 11 digit phone number and a 9 digit code which they feel I should be walking around with paper and pen 24 hours a day so I can write it down in the milliseconds they give me before hanging up. If it was an emergency you would think they would actually call and not robocall. Especially since they call everyone on my emergency contact list. Obviously they would need a dictionary to look up the word emergency. 
so they finally tell me it’s my system’s fault because it’s too old. Funny ADT didn’t seem to have any problems. So I finally broke down and paid hundreds of dollars to install a new system and doubled my monthly payments just so this does not happen again. 
the very first time I use the system they call everyone on my list again and when I call them they tell me they lost communications again. On the brand new system. I call bullwonderful. And when I call them I tell them they better not have called the police on this which they assure me they have not.

i get home and find out that actually the system let me arm it with an open window and the alarm went off because of the window that was open when I put the alarm on. So the person I spoke to about why they had called either is completely incompetent, he gave me the wrong reason for why they called, or he is simply a lying piece of crap. Either way it’s really bad customer service. But he passes me to some other department where after an hour on hold I finally gave up and hung up. 
then I get a call, 2 hours after the incident, from their monitoring desk asking me if I got their alarm call. That's hen I found out why they had called, 2 hours later. I ask the person why the system let me arm it if there was an open window. They sent me to someone else to solve that problem. 30 minutes later I talk to someone else who tells me that the system automatically bypasses any open windows when you arm it. I then ask him, “if it was on bypass then why did the alarm go off?” He had no answer so we said goodbye since he could not explain or fix my problem.

an hour later the cops show up. The cops they told me they did not call. For which I will now have to pay a fine for a false alarm. The cops I asked the imbecile who told me it was a loss of communications to cancel if they had called. So again, incompetent or just a lazy **bleep** either is not good customer service is it?

then I install this app on my phone. Now it works just fine on my iPad but on my phone it just keeps sending me back to the login screen every time I log in. So basically a useless app since I don’t usually carry my iPad with me when I go out. That’s why I have a phone you see. And there are no error messages and the id and password are the exact same I use on my iPad with absolutely no problem. The person that tried to help me, after another 30 minutes on hold, then transfers me to whoever is the department that deals with the app. I hung up after I hit the 2 hour mark. 
I called again customer service and asked to speak to a supervisor. They tell me they will arrange for a supervisor to call me, that was 18 hours ago. 
so very crappy customer service, unusable app and a brand new thousand dollar system that goes off when it should not and might, or might not, still be loosing communications. A fine for cops that were called for no reason and hours upon hours spent on hold with customer support.

crappy service, crappy app, crappy company. Maybe they should go back to specializing on mobile homes and leave the rest to people who are capable of doing the job.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. I'll send you a private message to discuss further.

Here is my situation. Telus bought ADT a little while ago and ever since they did they keep calling about once a month because they lost contact with my system. Now this is obviously not an emergency. I mean they keep me on hold at least 30 minutes each time I call them back. But they call everyone on my list anyways. And they don’t actually speak to anyone. They have some automated message that vomits a 11 digit phone number and a 9 digit code which they feel I should be walking around with paper and pen 24 hours a day so I can write it down in the milliseconds they give me before hanging up. If it was an emergency you would think they would actually call and not robocall. Especially since they call everyone on my emergency contact list. Obviously they would need a dictionary to look up the word emergency. 
so they finally tell me it’s my system’s fault because it’s too old. Funny ADT didn’t seem to have any problems. So I finally broke down and paid hundreds of dollars to install a new system and doubled my monthly payments just so this does not happen again. 
the very first time I use the system they call everyone on my list again and when I call them they tell me they lost communications again. On the brand new system. I call bullwonderful. And when I call them I tell them they better not have called the police on this which they assure me they have not.

i get home and find out that actually the system let me arm it with an open window and the alarm went off because of the window that was open when I put the alarm on. So the person I spoke to about why they had called either is completely incompetent, he gave me the wrong reason for why they called, or he is simply a lying piece of crap. Either way it’s really bad customer service. But he passes me to some other department where after an hour on hold I finally gave up and hung up. 
then I get a call, 2 hours after the incident, from their monitoring desk asking me if I got their alarm call. That's hen I found out why they had called, 2 hours later. I ask the person why the system let me arm it if there was an open window. They sent me to someone else to solve that problem. 30 minutes later I talk to someone else who tells me that the system automatically bypasses any open windows when you arm it. I then ask him, “if it was on bypass then why did the alarm go off?” He had no answer so we said goodbye since he could not explain or fix my problem.

an hour later the cops show up. The cops they told me they did not call. For which I will now have to pay a fine for a false alarm. The cops I asked the imbecile who told me it was a loss of communications to cancel if they had called. So again, incompetent or just a lazy **bleep** either is not good customer service is it?

then I install this app on my phone. Now it works just fine on my iPad but on my phone it just keeps sending me back to the login screen every time I log in. So basically a useless app since I don’t usually carry my iPad with me when I go out. That’s why I have a phone you see. And there are no error messages and the id and password are the exact same I use on my iPad with absolutely no problem. The person that tried to help me, after another 30 minutes on hold, then transfers me to whoever is the department that deals with the app. I hung up after I hit the 2 hour mark. 
I called again customer service and asked to speak to a supervisor. They tell me they will arrange for a supervisor to call me, that was 18 hours ago. 
so very crappy customer service, unusable app and a brand new thousand dollar system that goes off when it should not and might, or might not, still be loosing communications. A fine for cops that were called for no reason and hours upon hours spent on hold with customer support.

crappy service, crappy app, crappy company. Maybe they should go back to specializing on mobile homes and leave the rest to people who are capable of doing the job.