The chat function does not work

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Rockstar

Upgraded to fiber about a year ago. Recently upgraded phone to fiber and upped internet to 25/25 nice price drop. Phoned in with phone problems after install.... That was solved. But chat has not worked for about a year ?????   The rep said it should and we tested ipad,,,desktop w7,,,, laptopw10... none of them could get through to chat. All my units are less than a year old. PLEASE can someone else tell me that they have the same problem. The rep is going to check into the chat problem I have and said he would get back to me. My fingers are crossed. Did anyone solve there chat problem when they had one.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The “chat” are you referring to the live chat option for support?

Located here.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Rockstar

The chat you see bottom right on occasion or going through contact us. Neither worked when I was with the tech or  when I tried this am....

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The chat function linked by @WestCoasterBC does not work on mobile devices, including tablets. It should work on laptops or desktops.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Rockstar

I don't use any mobiles. It does not work on my three computers any place I happen to be  in western Canada.

Highlighted
Rockstar

I understand CHAT works for some people why just me???? Please someone respond and tell me chat does not work for you...tks polecat

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Chat works fine for me on Windows 7 and 10. If you have any plugins or add-ons for your browser that block javascript, that could prevent chat from working. You haven't mentioned so far what actually happens when you try to use chat. What you see, any error messages, what browser, etc. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Rockstar

Chat does not respond at all no nothing no error messages. But now I am  going to check out java script. tks

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User
You can also download another browser and test if it works.

Firefox, Opera to name a few.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
Highlighted
Rockstar

Thanks ..... I reloaded java script turn off popups still no change weird. I will try firefox.

Highlighted
Rockstar

Tried Opera,,,,,Firefox ..... no change. Will do a phone in and will let you Know .....Polecat