cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Password changes automatically

Sam49
Friendly Neighbour

Every time I try to log in to the Telus router as Admin, as soon as I press on the login the password changes and sometimes doesn't let me enter.

Always it says your password is longer than 15 characters which is not true.  Every single time I have to re-enter the password.

Does anyone knows how to fix this?

T3200M Router 

9 REPLIES 9

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you using a password manager on your computer or do you have the browser set to remember passwords?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Sam49
Friendly Neighbour

I have set the browser to remember the password

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

As a test try a different browser Firefox, chrome etc without a password stored (saved).

Sounds like a browser/password manager issue.

Sam49
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you WestCoasterBC but I have used different browser as a test and every time the same thing happens!!!

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you by chance using Safari on Mac? The T3200M seems to pass a very long password to the password manager. I have not found a solution, and suggest you create a unique, easily typed password for the admin access, or use @WestCoasterBC suggestion.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Sam49
Friendly Neighbour

Exactly!
The interesting part is that Safari or other browsers I have used they can keep the exact password for all other sites without changing them.  It seems to be only T3200M on telus that screws up the password.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have never had a password login issue with the T3200 since Telus started using them. That being said there must be something unique going on that you can replicate it most times.. Has this always happened or more recently? How long have you had the T3200?

Sam49
Friendly Neighbour

I have had this T3200M for about 3 years now and I have had this issue with it since day 1 and nothing like this with any other sites including mytelus itself.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Same as @Sam49 , every time since first login.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"