cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
No ratings
dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Why does TELUS TV+ need access to my location?

TELUS TV+ requires access to your location to ensure compliance with content licensing agreements. These agreements allow us to stream content only within Canada. By enabling location services, we can verify your location and provide you with the best streaming experience.

How do I enable location services for TELUS TV+?

To enable location services:

Apple (iOS)

• Open the "Settings" app on your device.
  • Navigate to “Privacy & Security” then select “Location Services” and toggle it on if not already toggled on
  • Find "TELUS TV+" in the list of apps.
  • Choose your preferred permission setting: "Allow while using the app" for optimal performance.

Android

• Open the "Settings" app on your device.
  • Navigate to “Location” then toggle “Location” on if not already toggled on
  • Find "TELUS TV+" in the list of apps under “Location services” .
  • Choose your preferred permission setting: "Allow while using the app" for optimal performance.

What happens if I don’t allow location access?

If you choose not to allow location access, you won't be able to play any content on TELUS TV+ as the app needs to verify that you are within Canada to comply with content licensing agreements.

Can I use TELUS TV+ while travelling outside Canada?

Due to content licensing agreements, TELUS TV+ content is only available within Canada. You will not be able to stream content outside Canadian borders.

Why am I seeing a location error message in TELUS TV+?

You may encounter a location error message if:

• Your location services are turned off.
  • You've denied location access to TELUS TV+.
  • You are attempting to stream content from outside Canada.

What should I do if I see a message about location permissions?

Follow these steps:

• Ensure your device's location services are enabled.
  • Open the TELUS TV+ app and check for any permission requests.
  • If prompted, choose "Allow while using app" for location access.

Can my child change the location settings in TELUS TV+?

Only the admin profile (or a profile with no parental control ratings) can adjust location settings. For kids' profiles, a parent or guardian must enable location permissions.

I have concerns about my privacy. How is my location data used when accessed by TELUS TV+?

We understand your privacy concerns and want to assure you that TELUS TV+ only accesses your approximate location, not your precise GPS coordinates. This information is used solely to verify that you are within Canada, in accordance with content licensing agreements. Your location data is not stored or shared, ensuring that your privacy remains protected while you enjoy our services.

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Version history
Last update:
4 weeks ago
Updated by:
Community Manager