cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment method for prepaid plan $150/180 days.

EZ2
Just Moved In

If my credit card is on file can I assume upon renewal in 180 days it will automatically charge the $150 from my credit card?

I was on a monthly prepaid and had to topup to maintain a balance in the account but there is no option to topup $150 from the list of options there is only $10 expires in 30 days,$25 expiry 60 days,$50 expiry 60 days,$100 expiry 365 days.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thankyou for a great explanation of how this prepaid plan works,everything was setup as you stated, payment is taken from the credit card "automatically" when due in 180 days and auto topups not signed up for!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

We'd need to know what specific plan you were on. Your best bet would be to reach out to our Mobility team directly by dialing *611 from your TELUS cellphone (or 1-866-558-2273) so they can verify your account and look into it for you!

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

A Prepaid plan can be renewed one of two ways.

1. Renew plan from account balance.
    This option require you to choose from the $10, $25, $50, $100 pre-sets. The remaining balance not used to renew your $150 plan can be used to make long distance calls, use additional minutes, messaging, or data not included in your plan as pay-per-use. 

2. Renew plan from credit card.
    This option will directly renew your plan, for the exact cost of your plan, in your case $150. You will receive the exact minutes, messages, and data included in the plan. With this option, your account balance will remain at $0, and Pay-Per-Use features such as long distance, additional minutes, messages, data will not work since there is no balance to charge.

Which option should you pick?
Each of these options have their uses cases. A hybrid option is best for the most flexibility. For example If you choose the $150 plan auto-renew from my credit card, and a $10 auto top-up from my credit card. You can now make long distance calls to the USA at $0.60/minute (for a total of 16 minutes/month).

How to setup automatic plan renewal from credit card (without top-ups)

BrandonT_0-1708660695673.png

1. Login to your self-serve account.
  2. Manage Prepaid
  3. Change plan & add-ons
  4. Select your phone type
  5. Check "Auto renew upon expiration"
  6. Click "from credit card"
  7. Confirm

Bonus: Make sure your automatic top-ups is disabled to avoid being charged a top-up & your plan cost.

1. Account Overview
  2. Automatic Top-Up
  3. And if you see this, your all set. Otherwise select the option to cancel the top-up.

BrandonT_1-1708661093720.png

I hope that helps 🙂

Thankyou for a great explanation of how this prepaid plan works,everything was setup as you stated, payment is taken from the credit card "automatically" when due in 180 days and auto topups not signed up for!