cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was charged a fee to speak with customer service

krossengerj
Friendly Neighbour

My cell phone was out of power and needed to speak with customer service so i looked up there number on the computer and called the their number. When i got a recording it says this call will cost $3.89 to complete the call, please press one if you wish to continue the payment will be added to your phone bill. I pressed one and it said thank you good bye.

I called a second time, same thing this call will cost $3.89 please press one to continue. I thought this must be some sort of glitch and they couldn't possibly charge.

When my TELUS bill came, there was 2 charges for the $3.89 and i was never connected with customer service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

What phone number did you call?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

What phone number did you call?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

1-866-558-2273

xray
Hero
At what point in the call did you hear the message about the charge to connect? I just called that number and did not get that message.

krossengerj
Friendly Neighbour
Right away

krossengerj
Friendly Neighbour
I actually tried a few of the numbers on telus web..all same thing

krossengerj
Friendly Neighbour
I just tried from my cell phone this morning, same thing. $3.89 to connect to customer service...wow
Way to go Telus

I just tried calling from 3 different phones and the first message is the notice about calls being recorded for quality purposes, then a prompt for choice of language. Are you not getting those first?

krossengerj
Friendly Neighbour
No, I'm not

Are you on a prepaid plan?
Where are you calling from?
Have you tried calling from a different phone?