cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus support took my personal information and now can not logon

akhtarraees
Neighbour

I am existing EPP telus customer and called Telus to add another line. Telus rep got all my personal information for credit check and verified even my mortgage information and then he mentioned he can not identify me. I asked him if i can talk to his supervisor but he transferd my call to a lady she said she is from escalation team and metioned my profile is not correct and wanted my consent to fix it. I allowed her but not sure what she did and i am not able to connect my account. i received another call from telus  placed order to add another line. this time lady wanted my SIN number in addition to my date of birth and address. I refused to provide SIN number. I received email confirmation for an additional line activated but still I can not check my account what is going on. I called customer service he only said he escalated to security department and i will receive response from them. I am still waiting for respose. I am really concern with my personal data. Why i can not see my account? I tried to reset my account but did not work. I tried to register myself but did not work. I can not see my account activity seems like it is blocked. I need to resolve my issue immediately and need to know if my personal data that was obtain by Telus representative is safe?

6 REPLIES 6

akhtarraees
Neighbour

I am really not sure if Telus look complains here. Telus guy did not even provide me any ticket about my complain. since nobody contact me is it right time to escalate my issue to  The Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS)? Any suggestion?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you 100% sure you were talking to Telus to set up the additional line? To me it seems odd that Telus would re-request all of your personal info if you already have an active account with them. Did you call them today (Sunday)? What number did you call them at? What address did the email come from? (telus.com or somewhere else?) I've never heard of Telus ever verifiing mortgage information... If they pull credit they should just get a rating telling them if they can proceed. They shouldn't see detailed credit information. 

If you have an existing Telus account login, you won't be able to set up another without Telus resetting it on their end. If someone tried to access your account with the wrong password too many times, it gets locked out.

If you did actually speak with Telus, it's also Sunday. Not all departments work Sundays there so it may take a day or two if it was escalated. CCTS is going to want to know what you have done with Telus to try resolve the issue, and what Telus's response was. You must allow your provider a reasonable opportunity to resolve your complaint before contacting CCTS also. The forums here is not one of the avenues to address this type of issue. You'll need to contact Telus directly.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks for your reply. I am 100% sure I called the number provided by the online chat representative. I mentioned I am existing customer for years why are you taking personal information but he said this is needed in order to activate new line. He verified mortgage past telephone history if I had. After that when I was not able to logon my account and even can not register as new profile I reached out to telus again and he was not able to give me any reference about my complain just said security will contact me. It was happened on Thursday and I am still waiting for response. I am not sure what is happening to my account and my data telus received.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Call in and see if they can reset the password for your online account so that you can try with your current email address. It's usually a fairly fast process.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks for your reply. I am 100% sure I called the number provided by the online chat representative. I mentioned I am existing customer for years why are you taking personal information but he said this is needed in order to activate new line. He verified mortgage past telephone history if I had. After that when I was not able to logon my account and even can not register as new profile I reached out to telus again and he was not able to give me any reference about my complain just said security will contact me. It was happened on Thursday and I am still waiting for response. I am not sure what is happening to my account and my data telus received.

This is for sure a scam. You need to call Telus. Not a chat. Use *611.
I didn’t give quite as much information as you did but I recently fell for an upgrade offer scam. Fortunately I mostly caught it before was fully scammed. I THINK the scam is:
1. Get your personal info (a side benefit) and Telus account info
2. Change all the account and contact info and order a new phone etc