cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Emergency Call Only"

jlin0888
Neighbour

I have a prepaid plan on a phone, but I noticed recently that I couldn't call or text and it would say "Emergency Calls Only" if I tried. I was recommended to reset the network setting and turn the phone on and off, but I haven't seen any changes to the issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you can still access your account to add funds, you should be able to choose a new plan attached to your existing number. If you only added funds, you need to choose a plan type as well.

I thought it was 90 days until your access to your existing number was removed, but it has been a long time since I checked.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I assume you have money on your account for service. If your account is in good standing you can power off your phone. Remove the SIM card. Re-insert the SIM card then power on your phone, Check if you now have service.

I did try re-inserting the SIM card, but nothing. However, I looked at my account and the balance hit zero at some point. I topped it up, but it still didn't work. Maybe I missed something?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If the balance had been at zero for long enough and the service was suspended or cancelled, the SIM will have expired. Last I heard that was around 45 days after the service stops.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

That's probably it. I haven't called anyone in 2 months so it might have expired a while ago. Would there be any way to reactivate it or do I have to get a new SIM?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you can still access your account to add funds, you should be able to choose a new plan attached to your existing number. If you only added funds, you need to choose a plan type as well.

I thought it was 90 days until your access to your existing number was removed, but it has been a long time since I checked.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"