cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activations fee

HOTROD2023
Friendly Neighbour

why on every new phone there is a activation fee when already customer? I find this annoying. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you get a phone in store, there is almost always an activation fee. If you look at Telus' website for the A54, the top of the page and the terms and conditions state: 

Save the $60 connection fee when you shop Mobility online. Plus get fast, free shipping.
The $60 savings is a waiving of our $60 connection fee. Offer applicable online only on Mobility
orders for smartphones, connected devices (ie. tablets, smartwatches) and Bring Your Own Device
plans. Offer applicable to Mobility consumer accounts only. Offer not applicable to Business,
Corporate or EPP account types.

It pays to read the fine print. All carriers have been doing it that way for years.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you get a phone in store, there is almost always an activation fee. If you look at Telus' website for the A54, the top of the page and the terms and conditions state: 

Save the $60 connection fee when you shop Mobility online. Plus get fast, free shipping.
The $60 savings is a waiving of our $60 connection fee. Offer applicable online only on Mobility
orders for smartphones, connected devices (ie. tablets, smartwatches) and Bring Your Own Device
plans. Offer applicable to Mobility consumer accounts only. Offer not applicable to Business,
Corporate or EPP account types.

It pays to read the fine print. All carriers have been doing it that way for years.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I don’t agree with that response. Nowadays it’s the opposite. I only buy my phones online and I’m still assessed the connection fee. A staggering $60 per phone. Madness!! Another scam I guess. We tried going in store several times to avoid the fee but all the employees were tied up and we got tired of waiting. It’s nonsense that we can’t set up an appt like with Apple’s Genius Bar. Also I guess since covid more people are ordering phones online and less people going to stores. So I guess those that purchased phones online are subsidizing the retail outlets sales volume due to slow service

HOTROD2023
Friendly Neighbour

so the rep said they would waive the fee there were no notes anyhow called back in spoke to someone who waived it for me how long does it take to get into the system thanks.