cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Promotions Scam

theblay17
Just Moved In

Is it safe to safe I've been scammed?
This whole thing makes me sick, and I can't believe I didn't clue in..
Guy started asking me for a lot of information.. sadly I gave up my drivers license # and pin #.

I've changed my PIN and plan on contacting the MTO in the morning, also put alerts on my accounts via the bank, Equifax and TransUnion.

The email looks off as I'm looking at it:
[email protected]

and

call also came in from a 416 number instead of a 1-800 number 

theblay17_0-1688512084322.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

promotiontelus.com has no connection to Telus. That domain isn't registered or owned by Telus. It's not using Telus' DNS servers. There isn't even a website attached to that URL. 100% scam.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

promotiontelus.com has no connection to Telus. That domain isn't registered or owned by Telus. It's not using Telus' DNS servers. There isn't even a website attached to that URL. 100% scam.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thank you!
this is what I thought. Wish I had realized earlier.. if it's too good to be true, it is!

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can confirm the details in that screenshot are invalid. @Nighthawk hit the nail on the head.

If possible, please report these scams to Canada Anti-fraud Centre. 

popelina
Just Moved In

I cancelled my credit card.

Equifax and Transunion have put 6 years trace on my profile so I will be informed about any traffic.

I forwarded the order confirmation email with header to Telus and they requested the provider to take down the domain telustech.shop