Samsung Galaxy S8 | S8+

Community Manager
Community Manager

The Galaxy S7 was a great phone. The phone of the year, according to some websites and award lists. With the launch of the Galaxy S8 and S8+, the pressure is on for Samsung to top last year’s phone with their new flagship device.

We expect this is going to be a hugely popular phone and want to make sure you get your hands on one ASAP.

Galaxy S8 preview

From March 29th to April 20th, TELUS will be previewing the Galaxy S8 and S8+ in 25 TELUS Stores across the country.

You’re invited to come in and be one of the first people to test out the new Samsung Galaxy S8. Snap some pictures with the new 8MP front-facing camera. Check out the gigantic screen made possible by the removal of the physical home button. Use the iris scanner to unlock the phone with just a look. Pick up the Galaxy S8 and find out how it feels in your hand.

Pre-order and get a free Gear VR

Get a free Gear VR with Controller when you pre-order the Galaxy S8 | S8+ between March 29-April 20, 2017, and activate or renew on select 2 year plans.

City

TELUS Store Location

BC

Kelowna

Orchard Park

Tsawwassen

Tsawwassen Mills

Richmond

Richmond Centre

Surrey

Guildford Town Centre

Vancouver

Pacific Centre

Alberta

Edmonton

West Edmonton Mall - Main

Edmonton

West Edmonton Mall - Kiosk

Calgary

Chinook Centre

Calgary

Southcentre Mall

Rocky View County

CrossIron Mills

Manitoba

Winnipeg

Polo Park

Ontario

Toronto

Toronto Eaton Centre

Toronto

25 York Street

Etobicoke

Sherway Gardens

North York

Yorkdale Shopping Centre

Hamilton

Lime Ridge Mall

Mississauga

Square One

Brampton

Bramalea City Centre

Oshawa

Oshawa Centre

Scarborough

Scarborough Town Centre

Quebec

Montreal

950 rue Ste-Catherine Ouest

Nova Scotia

Halifax

Halifax Shopping Centre

Newfoundland

St. John’s

Avalon Mall

Find the TELUS store nearest you.

GearVR.jpg†Bonus Samsung Gear VR with Controller available on pre-order of Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ device from TELUS between March 29-April 20, 2017 and upon activation or renewal on a 2 year in-market Your Choice plan. While supplies last. Allow 1-2 weeks for delivery. Valid in Canada only. Limit 1 per user. Must be Canadian resident. Age restrictions apply. Consumer accounts only. TELUS reserves the right to cancel or amend the offer at any time without notice.permission. 

Samsung Galaxy S8 | S8+ (Français)

Le Galaxy S7 est un excellent téléphone intelligent. Il fût nommé appareil de l’année selon plusieurs sites web et listes de prix. Avec l’arrivée du Galaxy S8 et S8+, la pression est grande chez Samsung, est-ce que ce nouveau modèle réussira à l’emporter sur son prédécesseur?

Nous sommes convaincus que cet appareil connaîtra une énorme popularité et nous voulons nous assurer que vous pourrez vous en procurer un dans les plus brefs délais.

Apercu du Galaxy S8

Le 29 Mars - 20 Avril, TELUS présentera le Galaxy S8 et S8+ dans plus de 25 Magasins TELUS à travers le pays.

Vous êtes invités à nous visiter afin d’être les premiers à tester le nouveau Samsung Galaxy S8.

Prenez quelques photos avec la nouvelle caméra frontale de 8MP. Admirez le gigantesque écran rendu possible grâce au retrait du bouton d'accueil physique. Utilisez le scanner d’iris afin de déverrouiller l’appareil d’un seul regard. Saisissez le nouveau Galaxy S8 afin de connaitre la sensation de le tenir entre vos mains.

Précommandez et obtenez un Gear VR gratuitement

Obtenez un Gear VR et un contrôleur gratuitement avec la précommande de votre Galaxy S8 | S8+ entre le 29 Mars et le 20 Avril 2017 avec toute nouvelle activation ou renouvellement d’une entente de 2 ans.

Emplacement du magasin TELUS

BC

Kelowna

Orchard Park

Tsawwassen

Tsawwassen Mills

Richmond

Richmond Centre

Surrey

Guildford Town Centre

Vancouver

Pacific Centre

Alberta

Edmonton

West Edmonton Mall - Main

Edmonton

West Edmonton Mall - Kiosk

Calgary

Chinook Centre

Calgary

Southcentre Mall

Rocky View County

CrossIron Mills

Manitoba

Winnipeg

Polo Park

Ontario

Toronto

Toronto Eaton Centre

Toronto

25 York Street

Etobicoke

Sherway Gardens

North York

Yorkdale Shopping Centre

Hamilton

Lime Ridge Mall

Mississauga

Square One

Brampton

Bramalea City Centre

Oshawa

Oshawa Centre

Scarborough

Scarborough Town Centre

Quebec

Montreal

950 rue Ste-Catherine Ouest

Nova Scotia

Halifax

Halifax Shopping Centre

Newfoundland

St. John’s

Avalon Mall

Trouvez le magasin TELUS le plus près.

Gear VR French.jpg

Certaines conditions s’appliquent. Le Samsung Gear VR avec manette sera offert en prime à la précommande d’un appareil Samsung Galaxy S8 | S8+ entre le 29 mars et le 20 avril 2017. Jusqu’à épuisement des stocks. Samsung se réserve le droit d’annuler ou de modifi er l’offre en tout temps et sans préavis. Visitez le www.samsung.ca pour en savoir plus. © Samsung Electronics Canada Inc., 2017. Tous droits réservés. « Samsung » et « Samsung Galaxy » sont des marques déposées ou des marques de commerce de Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., et sont utilisées avec permission.

11 Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User
ann_017
Resident

Why am I receiving this email the next day?!  I wanted to see the S8 and went to Telus today and was told it was not available for see until the launch date in April...Way to drop the ball Telus!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @ann_017 , the preview is available at select locations across the country. Did you visit one of the locations named in the above list?

ann_017
Resident

Is it still available for preview as the email says March 29?

Community Manager
Community Manager

@ann_017 Yes, starting March 29th through April 20th at the listed locations above :)

ann_017
Resident

I wish the guys at the Southgate location would have told me that! Thanks Dru!

JasonVillen
Resident

Why west Edmonton mall and no where else? 

I haven't read much about s8 except a little today. 

So it got rid of home button ? 

I like the home B. I've had 2 shirty cases that both wouldn't let me push the S5 power button very easily at all.

I wouldn't want a much bigger screen. 

Stopping apps and third party cap from taking ur info,data and and slowing down the phones what I think makes more sense.

Make $ by coming out with ideas first, and releasing them , before the competition. Not by giving us tiny fixes and charging $1000 when you know your probably sitting on one or two . Its all about $ and bleeding us 

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@JasonVillen maybe the moto g plus is more for you. It's 5.5 inches $0 upfront, less monthly spend than any of the high tier phones, android run, better rear camera than the S8 and S8 + and expandable memory ANDDD a home key :) If you were really into the S8 and S8 + specs other than the size and home key you could look at the LG G6 which is less upfront cost and you still get the Android 7.0 nougat software. Has a better rear camera but less powerful selfie camera, expandable memory again, better battery than S8 but not as powerful as S8 +, it's non removable and no home key again :( if you click on phones on telus.com the little tick box comes up and you can compare different models. 

Ace123
Just Moved In

I pre-ordered my s8 from the telus store. Should I recieve a confirmation email and how do i know when it will be available for pick up?

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@Ace123 Telus stores do not support preorder. Pre-order is done online only if you are an existing telus customer or through the sales phone team if you are adding a new line or a new telus customer or again online. Perhaps there was a miscommunication? Maybe they were taking a list of names and numbers to call people when they get the phones? The only guaranteed sale of the phone is online and limited to one phone pre-order per account. 

canucks4life
Advocate

Is there a list of corporate stores metro Vancouver area that actually have a live demo yet?