cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optic TV App Playback Error 444901

Fnunes97
Just Moved In
After the recent Android update on my Pixel 6, the Optik TV app keeps giving me the above playback error. Doesn't matter which channel I select. I've uninstalled the app and rebooted my phone and reinstalled - and same problem. I've also cleared the storage for the app from the Phone App settings and still same issue.
20 REPLIES 20

mtzetzos
Just Moved In
Same

Read steps below

Couldn't see telus tv+ in app store on browser

wrnu
Just Moved In
Since the Android 13 update I have been getting the same error on all channels.

"Playback error 444901
player error: VO_OSMP_SRC_CB_DRM_FAIL"

I have also tried all of the same steps as Fnunes97 with no success.

bumblebee
Helpful Neighbour

Try the steps below known issue with Android 13 in Google Play Store.

Inger177
Neighbour

I also have same issue, and mind is on the Pixel 6 Pro. ugh. has anybody found a work around?

Try the steps below - known issue with Android 13 on Google play store

SherK
Just Moved In
Same on my Pixel 6. Any solutions yet? I was just forced to Telus, so far I'm not impressed.

bumblebee
Helpful Neighbour

Try the steps below.  It's a Google App Store issue known for Android 13

RussMcD2311
Just Moved In

Same issue for me. I started by emailing the developer email listed on the Play store but nobody got back to me. Tonight, I tried all the usual fixes... Cleared the cache... Cleared the storage... Uninstalled the app. Reinstalled the app. Restarted the phone... I spent about 90 minutes with a Telus tech support agent but she couldn't figure it out. Error 444901 isn't even in their list of errors. She says she has escalated the problem to another team. Perhaps they'll figure it out. If so, I'll try to post the fix.

BD17
Just Moved In
I've been in the same boat since updating to Android 13. The app will only give me the Playback error 444901 / player error: VO_OSMP_SRC_CB_DRM_FAIL popup.

SherK
Just Moved In
Same boat. Was just just forced to Telus and so far, I'm not loving Optik. Hope to see a fix for this soon!

Spc
Just Moved In
Same error for me after rebooting ...pixel 6 android 13 ...anybody have joy with their support?

bumblebee
Helpful Neighbour

Try the steps below.

bumblebee
Helpful Neighbour

Try the steps below

bumblebee
Helpful Neighbour

Steps for resolution:

1. Access the Google Play Store from your computer

2. Search for the TELUSTV+ Application

3. Install the application on your device via the web.

4. Initiate start up TELUSTV+ Application

Étapes de la résolution :

1. Accédez au Google Play Store à partir de votre ordinateur

2. Recherchez l'application TELUSTV+.

3. Installez l'application sur votre appareil via le web.

4. Lancer le démarrage de l'application TELUSTV+.

I uninstalled on phone, went to webpage as you requested. I selected Telus TV+ to install on more devices. I found my phone as selected. It installed on phone, yet it looked like old Telus icon. Tried it and it still the SAME error!!

Unless there is a different way in install this, its not working for me!

Thanks,
Rob
403-605-0029
Rob Ing Productions Ltd.

bumblebee
Helpful Neighbour

See steps below, known issue with Android 13 in Google Play Store.

Inger177
Neighbour

I uninstalled on my Pixel 6 Pro phone, went to webpage as you requested. I selected Telus TV+ to install on more devices. I found my phone as selected. It installed on phone, yet it looked like old Telus TV icon (green). Tried it and it still the SAME error!!

Unless there is a different way in install this, its not working for me!

Edit old purple icon Optic TV