cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does the newest remote only work to power on and off the tv?

Karilynn
Neighbour

I just received the newest remote. I used the Samsung code and it works to power my tv on and off. But that's the extent of it. Am I missing something or call all this new remote do is turn my tv on and off? The old one had the input & menu option. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The menu option is present on the Slimline 2, however it does not seem to have the input selector. On my TV the Slimline 1 remote does not cycle through the inputs, but only switches to the Video input, so I never used that option, but kept the original TV remote for that purpose. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

SEARCH button is the Input as it states on the remote. Along with menu etc. Long as you programmed in the right Samsung code those functions will work with it.

Karilynn
Neighbour

Those buttons were there on the last remote... But this one is brand new.  There are no secondary options printed on this new version 

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Which remote do you have? The newest released one.. Or the previous version..

http://static.telus.com/common/cms/files/get-help/TELUS_Slimline_Remote_2_Insert.pdf

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The menu option is present on the Slimline 2, however it does not seem to have the input selector. On my TV the Slimline 1 remote does not cycle through the inputs, but only switches to the Video input, so I never used that option, but kept the original TV remote for that purpose. 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Karilynn
Neighbour

it worked on the slimline1, i could scroll options and select.