cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your television cannot support HDCP video over yoru high defiition connection. H1001

Mmmchele
Just Moved In

TV has audio but not picture . Flashing error at top of screen: Your television cannot support HDCP video over your high defiition connection. H1001

Any idea's on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Berzelius
Connector

Hi,

Components is the better solution in these cases. May I inquire about the make and model of the TV ?

Some "lesser known" brands do have issues due to not following the exact HDMI specifications.

Thanks, have a great day !

Yves
Member of the Telus team
Assure FFH (Internet & IPTV Tech support)

View solution in original post

Thanks for replying. After two days and rebooting the modem, then resetting it. Powering telus box on and off about six times. The tv is now functioning.

Extremely frustrating, I love Telus but its not really working for me......

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

HDMI is standard. The issue in this topic is mainly based on the old Optik boxes that came out over 7 years ago. (CIS330/430 and SA330/430)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I have the 4K PVR and I'm seeing the same error message on my new Sony Bravia TV, ever since the recent PVR firmware update.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

All the error indicates is there is a communication issue between your box and TV. More often software based issue than hardware.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

my has the same problem!! he just got this 4k tv a month ago!! had getting the same thing!

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/toshiba-toshiba-43-4k-ultra-hd-led-tv-43l621u-black-only-at-best...

so the 330s are 7 years old or so!! wow

They really need to upgrade better then the 4k pvr for just a set top box right now!! where on the website will they announce this? link? 😛

The 4K pvr is brand new, it's already future proof. There is also have newer HD pvr IPV6015 that was released this spring.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

ya, the pvrs tho i mean set top boxes? the small ones! hd boxes...

the passed 3 to 5 years my mom and dad both had the 330's are they going to bring a 440? i sound so awesome!! 😛

Seems they're being updated PVR HD receiver in the spring, 4K receiver in the fall. Seems like a refresh is happening.. Give it time, older boxes work fine. Just a little slower.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

We bought a 4k TV about a month ago and have a brand new Telus 4k PVR. Everything was working just fine until last Tuesday evening, when I started getting this same HDCP (H1001) error message. If this is software related and not hardware, then what changed on Tuesday? Did Telus do some firmware upgrade in the background?

I can temporarily fix the problem by turning everything off, then back on, but that is annoying to say the least, and not something I want to continue to do into the foreseable future.

It happens every time I switch inputs - e.g. when I switch to my blu-ray player, then back.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@RickP  Usually a software related issue (handshake) with the TV. Most times it's low quality HDMI cables, make sure they're 2.0 spec. Also check to see if there is a firmware upgrade for your TV.

What brand 4K TV did you purchase?

Constantly having issues with HDCP. Figure it out Telus!

PVR - Telus VIP5662W box
TV - Sony XBR-930D
Receiver - Denon AVR-s510bt

I usually have to turn the system on and off 5 times before I get picture. And I'm talking every single time...

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps Denon outlines on their support page? In the past the HDMI repeaters in some receivers have caused issues.

KevinH
Just Moved In
Finally figured it out! Based on everyone’s comments about the cable type, I swapped out the TELUS supplied cable and used my Belkin Ultra High Speed cable (used for UHD content from my Apple TV). That gave me my signal back! It had nothing to do with the tv or the box - it was a transmission problem. Definitely suggest TELUS supplies these cables as standard to avoid this in the future.

Just curious about the Telus supplied cable you removed. Does it have purple ends with a small Telus logo on it? Or are the ends solid black? The purple cable is high speed 2.2 compliant and drastically reduced HDCP errors with the 4k boxes. The old black ones are not 2.2 compliant.