Series list completely cleared for the 3rd time

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Neighbour

So, I noticed my shows not recording tonight. I went and checked the series list and saw that they were all there but nothing was scheduled to record (even though shows should've been recording at that time). I restarted the box and checked the series list and I find that all my shows have been completely cleared and there are no series recordings scheduled.

This is the 3rd time this has happened to me since summer time. I had a tech come in and replace the box many months ago(possibly even a year) so I don't think it's an issue with the box. Has anyone had their series list completely clear?

Thanks

Connector

There is a software glitch on Telus's end causing this. Hardly anyone there knows about it and you could waste a lot of time trying to get their help. Apparently there will be an update soon to fix it but I wouldn't count on it. It's been going on for over a year now. If you click on the link below and read the entire post you'll understand what is happening. Until it's fixed just do what most of us do.....write all of your series recordings on paper and check it every couple of days. Gotta love technology.

http://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-TV-Home-Phone/Series-recording-list-slowly-disappearing/td-p/5380...

Neighbour

Thanks for the reply.

So the series list completely clearing is a glitch and there's nothing I can do about it right?

Connector

Yes, it is a glitch. Unfortunately it is on Telus's end and there is nothing us customers can do about. Our series recordings are actually stored at Telus and the glitch is happening there. We've been told that it will be fixed on the next update to our boxes. Though I doubt it since it is their software that needs fixing. Bottom line.....it is an annoying problem and they have shown to me personally that they don't give a **bleep**.

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi everyone. There's currently no fix for this. However, there's a fix in the works that should be implemented by early 2016. ( No dates yet )

The only workaround known is to retain a recording or have an upcoming recording episode scheduled in order not the loose the recording instruction for the series. 

Stay tuned.