Optik on the go => Live TV on laptop?

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

OK... got LiveTV working on my iPad and Android tablet.  How can I get GlobalTV on laptop?

Community Power User
Community Power User

Live TV? http://www.globaltv.com/schedule/?callsign=CHAN but their website is busted. I can't get it to log in with either my Telus ID or my Shaw ID.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum
To clarify.... is Optik to Go on a laptop supposed to behave like on my iPad or Android tablet?
Koalas
Good Samaritan

Not all channels are available for viewing for each device. You may take a look into this link: http://www.telus.com/content/tv/optik/programming/tv-on-demand.jsp to see which channels are available on what device.

Cheetah
Coach

Hello,

Global Go is available to you if you have Optik services. The Global GO application is a new feature that allows you  to stream and view shows on a particular device  while at home or away from home, using any internet-enabled computer or supported smartphone. It can be streamed on both data network and WiFi. 

You can access it on your laptop through this link  -  http://www.globaltv.com/watchlive/. then you will be prompted to log in with your Optik TV account - the same one you used to log into Optik on the Go. 

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

A little update....

The link I was looking for is www.telus.com/optikonline.  I found it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLTiSGThGqs&t=58s

This works on my Win8 machine.  But fails on my Vista/IE9 machine.  It also fails on Ubuntu w/ Firefox & Chrome.  On my Vista/IE9 machine I get an error "The same version of Silverlight is already installed.".  Ubuntu doesn't like Silverlight.

Does www.telus.com/optikonline offer live TV for other Telus customers???

Those other Global sites are great for primetime shows, but does not offer full content.

xl CPU Alum
CPU Alum

Ok figured it out..... My Vista/IE9 was running in 64-bit mode.  Silverlight needs to be in 32bit.

Pops
Organizer

Hi,  Telus has admitted as much to having issues making Optik on the Go compatible again with Mac users.  If any of you have further info, it would be appreciated. 

Community Power User
Community Power User

When did Telus admit anything? Their support people are nearly completely Mac illiterate. They'll tell you whatever they can to get you off the phone if a Mac issue comes up.

As long as Silverlight is installed on your Mac, you should be able to use Optik on the Go. It works for me in Safari. Firefox is less cooperative. What problem are you seeing?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Pops
Organizer

Nighthawk.  

I keep getting 10000/3222 error code.  I've tried reinstalling Silverlight multiple times.  Same either with Firefox or Safari.  

Any ideas you can give appreciated.  It all worked fine on my Mac initially.  But no more.  

Thanks.  

Community Power User
Community Power User

What version of OSX, Silverlight, and browsers are you running?

When you reinstalled Silverlight, did you do the following?

Delete Silverlight:

1. Double-click the Hard Drive icon on your desktop.
  2. Navigate to your Internet Plug-Ins directory: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/.
  3. Drag any of the following files you may see into your trash bin:
    • Silverlight.plugin
    • WPFe.plugin

Reinstall Silverlight:

1. Open your Internet browser.
  2. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/ and follow instructions to reinstall latest version of Microsoft Silverlight.
  3. Close and restart your Internet browser.
  4. Return to video page and retry the video that gave you the error message.

Please reboot your Mac if the the issue persists.

Pops
Organizer

Hi.  Thanks for the reply again.  

Using version 9.1 for Safari currently.

running El Capitan OSX 10.11.4

Have Firefox 45.0.1

The latest version of Silverlight is 5, that I'm aware of.

I've noted your did you do the following section. and will go over that.

My iMac turning 2 In May.  (late 2013 model)

Will get back to you on what happens.

Thanks again.  Appreciate the attention on this.  

William

Highlighted
Pops
Organizer

Hi.

Tried the do the following steps and still no luck in either safari or firefox

error 10000/3222 

Smiley Sad

Community Power User
Community Power User

Working just fine for me, as well!

Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 6.16.43 PM.png

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
cafekief
Ambassador

ya, its not working for me too on Firefox 45.0.1 (error 403) and not fully loading on ie 11

cafekief
Ambassador

can you just be an internet subscriber to use globalgo or optik tv too, i want to switch to everything to ip. Ooma voice over ip, live tv(optik on the go/netflix)

Community Power User
Community Power User

Global Go requires valid TV subscription that includes Global. All of the apps will including CTV, CityTV, etc. Only option that won't will be any content the TV channels host on their website for people to access free but leaves you with very limited options.

You will have no access to any Optik services if you go internet only.

Also @cafekief please just start a new thread when your question is completely unrelated to the existing thread you post a response under, like this one. If anyone else had the same question they'd never find it buried here.

Community Power User
Community Power User

@NFtoBC wrote:

Working just fine for me, as well!

Now I'm getting this error when trying to view Live TV. I have  installed the most recent Silverlight. Frustrating!

Screen Shot 2016-04-10 at 6.47.26 PM.png

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Pops
Organizer

Curious how there seems to be no rush or urgency to fix the Optik on the Go, vs Mac issues.  Not all on the planet run windows.  Ridiculous.  But thanks for your replies etc.  

Community Power User
Community Power User

It's been said before - this forum is primarily users, not Telus employees. The issue is on your end. Other Mac users that have replied are not having the issue. Microsoft has basically discontinued Silverlight so there's not a lot that can be done. Silverlight 5 was initially released in 2011 and there were only a handful of very minor updates since.