OPTIK NHL CENTRE ICE package Missing Channels

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Connector

TSN only has regional rights. Not Telus' fault. Though since Centre Ice is in free preview, you can see the Jets game on channel 1113.

Highlighted
Connector

I live in Calgary. I like the Flames, Tampa Bay Lightning, Vancouver Canucks, Chicago Blackhawks, etc.

How do i know what games are available to me and whether this service is worthwhile?

I had Center Ice on Direct TV when I lived in the US. I could watch pretty any game I wanted. Is it not the same here?

Highlighted
Connector

Basically, you'll also need to subscribe to the Sports theme pack to receive games broadcast nationally and regionally on Sportsnet. Some games, including at least one Chicago game and one Tampa game, are being broadcast on FX Canada, so you will need that as well if you want to watch any games broadcast there. If you have these channels in addition to Centre Ice, everything will be available to you, and Centre Ice will still provide the bulk of the out of market games for you.

I also suggest that you make up your mind quickly, as early bird pricing ends Oct 31, and then you'll pay $20 more.

Highlighted
Connector

Bakerke2001:

This years Centre Ice (CI) package is the BEST that has EVER been made available in Canada - hands down.

If you have CBC, CITYTV, SN1, SN360 and FX Canada for the "national" broadcasts (that will be blacked out in CI) and SNW for the Flames "regional" broadcasts (that will also be blacked out in CI) and you buy CI, you will have access to EVERY single regular season NHL game played this year. 

Highlighted
Connector

What about Canucks games on Sprortsnet Pacifiic or Leaf Games on Sportsnet Ontario?

Highlighted
Connector

If you subscribe to Centre Ice, you'll get those games as that's what the package is for, though they will be on the Centre Ice channels instead, so you don't need to subscribe to Sports Top-Up to get them.