cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does tv or pvr time-out after a couple of hours on same station ?

Irishgranny
Leader

Every few days, when catching up on recordings, my show stops and I get the Message "loss of signal"  I then have to go through the reset process to continue my show.  Does the PVR have a time-out mode ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you do not adjust the PVR for about 4 hours it shuts off, and no signal is delivered to your TV. It should not do so if you select a new show, skip commercials, or adjust the volume.

Can you add a bit more info to your description?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you do not adjust the PVR for about 4 hours it shuts off, and no signal is delivered to your TV. It should not do so if you select a new show, skip commercials, or adjust the volume.

Can you add a bit more info to your description?

NFtoBC

View solution in original post

Thought this might be a time-out problem, but tonight..was watching a live hockey broadcast and switching back & forth to a recorded program.....screen goes blank and says :loss of signal"  Other boxes working fine..just my main PVR one causing problems.....do I need a new one ????

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Seems like it is time to give Customer Service a call, and see if they can troubleshoot, and if necessary, replace the PVR.

The 'Loss of Signal' message should be from the TV if the PVR turns itself off.

NFtoBC

You\re right..message was on TV screen.  Will give Customer Service a call.....when I have an hour to spare waiting for them to take me off "Hold"  Thanks for advice.