STILL haven't received Daydream Headset with new Pixel XL phone purchased in December 2016

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

McThrustin
Neighbour

I'm posting here because I've spoken with reps on the phone and on Telus Chat 4 times with no results.

Around last Christmas I renewed my plan with Telus on an offer which was web-only, but came with a free Daydream View VR Headset as part of the offer.  When I went to make the order online, the web site would not proceed past a certain page and I was unable to complete the order.

A Telus support rep was able to confirm the issue I was having, and that it was not just me.  

He promised me that I could still receive the offer if I ordered over the phone, so I did. 
This was done through support chat.

Now, 4 months or so later, I still have not received it after having called Telus support several times to figure out what's going on.
Here's a summary of what was discussed:

• First Call (January):   I had to first prove that I was told I would receive the headset despite ordering over the phone.  
    I provided chat transcripts with timestamps and names, and they said "I should receive it in a few weeks because they are back ordered".
    I find it hard to believe Telus does not log their own support chat transcripts.

• Second Call (February):  Again I had to 'prove' that I was told I would get the headset.   I was told it was corrected and I would receive it in a few days. 
    It never arrived.

• Third Call (March):  Same as second call.  The rep on this call was a lot more difficult, and I had to provide proof as well as argue a bit to get her to agree that I should receive the headset.  I was told I'd be getting a call back from the support representative the next day.  I never did.

• Fourth Call (Today):  The rep was somewhat more helpful, he did not burden me with providing proof this time, and he said I should receive in 4 business days. However, he was unable to provide a guarantee or another option to resort to if I did not receive the product.

If after four calls I do not receive the $100 or so Daydream VR headset i was promised, what kind of recourse do I have?  

I feel like I was lied to and exploited with false advertising.

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

This Neighbourhood is inhabited by customers, just like you. We have no insight to Telus business plans, and no connection to the internal workings of Telus. We volunteer to share knowledge about Telus products and services which we have gained by experience or surmise.  It may be best to connect with Telus staff more directly though as described in the Escalations section at the bottom of the Contact Us section at the bottom of the page.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

All Replies
Most Helpful
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

This Neighbourhood is inhabited by customers, just like you. We have no insight to Telus business plans, and no connection to the internal workings of Telus. We volunteer to share knowledge about Telus products and services which we have gained by experience or surmise.  It may be best to connect with Telus staff more directly though as described in the Escalations section at the bottom of the Contact Us section at the bottom of the page.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"

View solution in original post

McThrustin
Neighbour

I wasn't aware, I really hope 'escalations' doesn't mean I need to call them again!

Mobility_Princess
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

I remember that promotion actually. You were given the wrong information entirely. To be eligible for the gift you had to order from telus.com or get the device in store. If you ordered over the phone you wouldn't get the gift 😞 So that's why you are not getting that. I'm assuming all the chat reps and people you have talked to just haven't investigated very hard to be honest. The $100 gift card was a promotion for pre-order only. If you ordered your device between Oct. 4-Oct. 19 2016 . 

Mobility Client Care Rep