Promo-why isnt telus doing this see below

someone_9e9
Ambassador
Hey

So fido and rogers and now virgin have the 70$ promo 10gb plan unlimited nationwide and there was a couple other options so what gives telus i wanted to join you but not at 130$ thats so expensive
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Where exactly are you seeing Rogers and Fido offering this deal? It's not on either website. Roger's website doesn't have anything close to $70/10GB. They have 8GB for $120 or 10 for $130.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
someone_9e9
Ambassador
Hey nighthawk

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/04/09/fido-offers-5gb-40-10gb-75-plans-ontario-alberta-bc/

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/04/03/rogers-customers-are-getting-the-60-10gb-promo-through-retentions...

Hope these work and also went to some stores in vancouver bc
But also telus is where i wanna go but they wont budge
Most Helpful
Community Power User
Community Power User

If the other carriers actually announce they are offering those plans, Telus would likely match. WIthout it, good luck. If you read the user comments on the story and the RFD post about it, most aren't able to get that deal so Rogers/Fido is being rather picky about who they give it to. Just be clear, this isn't for new activations. That deal is for existing Rogers/Fido customers so none of the carriers will offer it for new subscribers.

Article also says:

Rogers’ retention deal is likely an attempt to keep departure numbers low after last quarter’s churn rates were higher than expected due to a systems glitch that resulted in an estimated 35,000 deactivations.

It's likely only Rogers is doing this deal right now to try stop additional customer losses. If they were looking to attract customers they'd have advertised the deal like they did last fall.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
someone_9e9
Ambassador
For sure and i talked to telus store today and they said look tommorow hmm oh this industry lol