cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Speed DSL

Styles416
Friendly Neighbour
I've had the high speed dsl internet service now for a few months and it worked great for about a week or two. Then it started getting slow and dropping off to pretty much a trickle. I have the Internet 6 plan. I am the only person that uses my connection. I have the ActionTec T1200H Wi-Fi modem. Most times I am just using my cell phone on the Wi-Fi, less often I use a laptop. Even with the laptop hard wired the internet drops off. This past week the modem has been power cycling itself anywhere between 48 to the 72 hourish mark. I am guessing that I need a modem replacement? If so how do I go about getting one?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Not necessarily a modem replacement. It could be the wiring to your home. Contact Telus, and ask that they assess your installation. If you keep notes of the time and description of the occurrence of issues, it will help determine the problem.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
Not necessarily a modem replacement. It could be the wiring to your home. Contact Telus, and ask that they assess your installation. If you keep notes of the time and description of the occurrence of issues, it will help determine the problem.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Styles416
Friendly Neighbour
Tech support ran the diagnostic tests on my modem from their end and while one of their diagnostics were running my modem power cycles itself randomly. So now a technician is coming tomorrow to check all of my wiring leading into my home right from the utility pole directly to the modem itself. The tech support rep even put a note on the work order requesting that the wiring be replaced as well as my modem replaced with a newer model just to be sure I do not have any more issues. A+ to the representatives that I spoke with today. All of my questions were answered and the issues are being corrected.