#Black Berry bold 9900

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Resident
Helos guys , I gat a problem with a black berry bold9900 .. I can't access any thing using the browser cz whenever I click on it in the multi-tasking menu t displays "browser blocked"
And even what's app doesn't work neither .. I need sm help pliz
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Blackberry phones of that era had a specific BBY data plan from Telus if I recall. If these are no longer available, or not the plan you are currently using, that might be why you are having the connectivity problems you are experiencing.

Did you put a SIM with an existing plan into this phone, or have you been using it all along, and this is a sudden change?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Neighbour

The BB data plan was for texting, and was a dedicated BB network, that worked really well at the time.  Even if you did not have data coverage you could still text.  I think that service is being dropped across a lot of networks because the protocol isn't supported by the newer switching hardware used by the networks.  That should not be the cause of the browser blocked message though.  Try a prepaid card in it like Cricket or Wind, but the phone needs to be unlocked first.  I had a T-mobile BB 9900 in the US once and found that I could not unlock it, so perhaps T-Mobile is forcing people off the old BBs to drive sales of new plans and phones?  Not sure.   I had great service lately with Cricket by the way.

Highlighted
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

You could need a special code on your account because it's a blackberry but, you would have that on your account always unless you have made a plan change recently or are on prepaid. Have you exceeded your data and gotten blocked at $25 or $50? Are you roaming and blocked  for incurring overages? Is your mobile data turned on? 

Mobility Client Care Rep