What new with the t1200h router/modem, when will 5 feeds work

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

cafekief
Ambassador

What's new with features on the t1200h and when will five feed be working with telus and will telus interduce something new this year? 

Accepted Solutions
Most Helpful
WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Considering there is really no channels doing 4K let alone actual 1080P a person doesn't really need ultra HD. Now with the enforced caps people will just whine faster when they burn through their data cap. Besides sites like VUDU and Netflix not much for true 1080P is around

All comes into the garbage in garbage out and well we know what most networks broadcast in and it's not 1080p majority are 1080i and 720p. So in essence doesn't matter about that 4K tv or 1080P "selected"

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Interduce? Not familiar with that word. It isn't the router that will determine the 5 feeds, it's the available bandwidth where you live. If the speed of your connection can't handle it, you won't be able to get it.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
cafekief
Ambassador

Introduce I mean,  o,  OK,  will telus bring some thing new this year or things? 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Network upgrades take time. Some cases a LOT of time. Years in some cases. Telus usually can't give you any timeframes usually either.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
cafekief
Ambassador

is there any upgrades in distribution lines for Lower mainland as of today or this year?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There is no way to be sure. Telus won't say in advance usually.

Can you be specific which lines you are talking about? There are many types of distribution lines.

giantbrownguy
Leader

This has been their big upgrade (https://fibre.telus.com). They've entered into a contract with Port Coquitlam (suburb of Vancouver), and have been upgrading most of the city. 

cafekief
Ambassador

the link doesn't work, is there any other upgrades in the  lower mainland? 😃

giantbrownguy
Leader

The link included the bracket. Try this:

https://fibre.telus.com

cafekief
Ambassador

that's to check, you were talking about port coquitlam fibre optic upgrades!!

i would like to the map of Surrey, BC fibre optics line that are being upgraded and how long it would take to get set up?? HELP 

giantbrownguy
Leader

The link I gave you lets you check your postal code if it says "no", you can fill out a request form. It may not be immediate but if people start saying "I want this" it may move it to your area quicker. 

rayrayjj
Rockstar

Well the newest great thing that telus brought out was the new Netflix app and I think that's a giant leap forward..Telus always has something new they just don't tell till its perfectly acceptable and well tested they are the best at keeping secrets,no one new about Netflix till it was out...And if you have telus 50/or100 you have a lot more options I think and there's no limits....

vishwa
Leader

It is great they brought Netflix.  However, it should have been 1080p capapble, now that the box can do 1080p after the latest mediaroom software upgrade.  After watching Netflix at 5800kbps it is difficult to go back to 3000kbps.

rayrayjj
Rockstar

I feel the same way,they could have had something great if it was ultra HD or even 1080p,I feel like its a waste for me because everything I have runs 4k or 1080p but I bet they will update it to 1080p soon, and I do feel like it there's less pixelation on optic then my roku3 and that's why I have my daughter's receiver on netflix optic instead of roku3, she can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p.

Most Helpful
WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Considering there is really no channels doing 4K let alone actual 1080P a person doesn't really need ultra HD. Now with the enforced caps people will just whine faster when they burn through their data cap. Besides sites like VUDU and Netflix not much for true 1080P is around

All comes into the garbage in garbage out and well we know what most networks broadcast in and it's not 1080p majority are 1080i and 720p. So in essence doesn't matter about that 4K tv or 1080P "selected"

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

cafekief
Ambassador

ok, thanks!! 😃 When will telus putting thought their system 5 feeds??

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

When will telus putting thought their system 5 feeds??

Tomorrow.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
rayrayjj
Rockstar

Really, is it tomorrow???im on telus 100 so I should get it,right???

cafekief
Ambassador

o, sweet, how do i tell? i live in Surrey, BC

cafekief
Ambassador

o, i know how to tell, what time though exactly?