October 26, 2014 internet rate increase

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

http://www.telus.com/en/bc/get-help/service-updates-changes/internet-and-email/article.do?topic=&sub...

-------------

High Speed Internet service rate change

Posted September 2, 2014

Starting October 26, 2014, TELUS is changing the regular monthly rates for some of our High Speed Internet plans. Your new rate will be reflected on your first bill after October 26.

These rate changes impact all TELUS Internet customers.

• For details on your Internet plan rate change, reference the message included on the first page of your Internet bill dated September 26 through October 25.
  • For an electronic copy of your bill, log in to your TELUS home services account and select Download/Print on your e.Bill summary page.

For questions, or help accessing your TELUS online account, scroll down to chat live with an agent.

-------------

So anyone able to shed any light on what the new prices will be or which plans are affected? Telus' notice first says some plans are affected but in the following paragraph it reads that ALL Telus customers are affected. Which is it? With the ever decreasing cost for bandwidth also, will the caps be raised?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Advisor

....and this is in addition to the over 21% increase that I've had in the 20-months that I've been a Telus Internet customer.

I've contacted Telus and asked what this new rate increase will be. They wont say.

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

The increase is insane. They're also making record profits too so I'm not buying the need for another price increase to cover upgrades. I haven't seen any internet upgrades here. Speed is the same as 3 years ago. Cell upgrades still haven't been done in my area either. The population here (new area) has probably doubled in the last couple years and the 20 year old tower still hasn't been touched. Plus the signal reception indoors sucks badly.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂
Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Nighthawk 

Shhhhhh.....  you're paying for my upgrade from ADSL 6 to FTTH 100.  Don't wreck my dream!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"
Highlighted
Advisor

I understand it will be another 5% increase on the 15 MB plan (on top of the 10% increase this last May).

15% increase in just 6-months. WTF?

Highlighted
Ambassador

What, you're shocked? Like the scorpion said to the frog: "I couldn't help it, it's my nature".

BTW it's +6% on Internet 15. Better than the 17% increase on Essentials TV this last spring.

Highlighted
Resident

We were paying $32 for Internet 6 at the start of the year. Then the price increased $5 in the spring. 

Telus announced that Internet 15 was available in our town a month or two later for "only $5 more than Internet 6" and we upgraded because our Internet 6 was throttled to 2.72 Mbps -- not fast enough to stream Youtube and Netflix properly. 

We discovered after the fact that our old plan was grandfathered and our rate actually increased by $18/month (ironically, had Internet 6 actually provided 6 Mbps service, we wouldn't have had to change). Now it looks like it's going up by another $4 in October.

That's an 84% increase. I am looking for another service provider.