How to setup up Netgear AC1750 wifi router to work

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

Laoch
Connector

Hi Guys,

Recently purchased the above router to use for wifi within my home,currently am using the Telus bundled  T1200H.it isnt the best as im having constant buffering issue in my small 680 ft condo!I am in a fibre optic area too so I thought this should not be happening,currently on 2.5 ghz range,with the new router i plan to go to 5 ghz what do you guys suggest?

Community Power User
Community Power User

The buffering issue could be caused by a number of issues. If it's on wireless only, a simple tweak to the settings may be all that's needed. If it's affecting wired also, I'd call Telus and have them check the connection before connecting your router. I've never run into that isssue with my Actiontec in my condo (bigger than yours, VDSL not fiber) and I have a minimum of twenty other wireless networks in range. I also likely have more devices in use as well.

As for the router, do you have Optik? If no, just plug in your router and go as long as it doesn't have the same default subnet (192.168.1.x). If it does, you'll have to change that on the Netgear. Alternately you could bridge port 1 but that would isolate it from the rest. Any connection issues you have while using the Netgear will also not be supported by Telus. You'd have to connect to the Actiontec directly for any troubleshooting.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Laoch
Connector

Hi there!yes I have optik TV as well

Community Power User
Community Power User

You should still be able to plug it straight in to the T1200 but you'll want your Optik boxes connected direct to the Actiontec itself.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Laoch
Connector

do i plug it into port 1 on the T1200?

Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes

HAL
Resident

I am also having problems the the netgear AC1750 with my Optic TV.  Everything is connected the wireless devices work and so does the channels on the TV but the problem lays with the recorded programs and also the rewind live TV does not work.  It severely lags to the point it stops from a few seconds to almost a minute.  Can anyone help me with this problem???

Highlighted
Community Power User
Community Power User

Your PVR and regular boxes all need to be on the same network. If your regular box cannot see the PVR then those features including pausing and rewinding TV will not work. Make sure the tv boxes are all connected to the same device. The Actiontec is the recommended one. Have your personal devices all on the Netgear.

Also the Netgear may not be able to handle the TV multicast traffic properly. That can cause a variety of issues if your Optik Box is connected to the Netgear.