cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H1001 error recurs often

Itsthecoast
Just Moved In

Been asked & resolved for someone else but I still have the problem.

"TV has audio but not picture . Flashing error at top of screen: Your television cannot support HDCP video over your high defiition connection. H1001"

The Optik box was installed and connected to my Samsung TV by Telus. Things all worked for a few months but now this H1001 error is a multi-day occurrence. If it's the wrong cable, Telus made the error. What do I do now?

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

That is a hardware issue between the TV and the Optik box. HDCP is the encryption used on HDMI and when both devices aren't talking to each other perfectly, that error happens. It usually has nothing to do with the cable, unless it's been damaged somehow (not common). I get that error once in a rare while showing on my Samsung TV but it's quite rare and a reboot of the Optik box typically solves it.

Do you have a spare HDMI cable you can try swapping your existing one out for just to rule it out as a problem?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Itsthecoast
Just Moved In

Happens often. Usually turn the tv off and on to resolve. That doesn't always work the first time. I don't have another HDMI cable. I unplugged and replugged the cable yesterday. Maybe the cable was somehow partly dislodged. I dunno. Time will tell.

Thanks for reply.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'd reboot the Optik box first over the TV. That's what I usually do.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Zeke
Just Moved In

I have a Samsung LED TV and get the same error.  I have switched to the component cables and still get the same error.  This only started a few months ago.  I have to re-boot everything and then it works for a while.  Any ideas?

Zeke

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Zeke, the H1001 error should not exist if using Component cables. Have you ensured that the HDMI cable was disconnected from both the box and the TV, and the box was rebooted after the Component cables were connected? Was the TV was switched to the Component input also?

Can you confirm the exact wording of the error you are seeing, as well as what is the model of the box you are using? (below power button on box)