Audio via HDMI

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

avdog
Neighbour

I just switched from shaw to telus:  I run wireless box through my surround sound receiver.  With shaw I just plugged in HDMI cable from box and got audio and video with Telus I get video but no audio.  Does it not support both?

Community Power User
Community Power User
@avdog Have you turned the volume up with the Optik remote? Unless you programmed the remote with a tv code. The default is volume output is controlled by the Optik receiver.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
avdog
Neighbour

If I turn volume up on remote it works on TV.  My volume is controlled through my receiver I do not use tv speakers:

avdog
Neighbour

I have another tv setup to another receiver and HDMI works for sound and video through PVR but not on other tv through wireless IPV5050

avdog
Neighbour

Cancel started working after reboot of box

Community Power User
Community Power User

@avdog

@avdog wrote:

Cancel started working after reboot of box

You can edit your comments in this forum by selecting the Edit option from the drop down list under the caret [ v ] at the upper right of the comment area!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like"