Visual Voicemail for Android 6.0

LoveKC
Just Moved In

Google introduced Visual Voicemail capabilities to Android 6.0, like iPhone has had for some time now. In order to use it, though, the carrier has to enable it (again, like iPhone). Android 6.0 is features on the new Nexus 5x and Nexus 6P. Future devices are likely to come with Android 6.0, and previous devices running Android 5 are generally upgrading to 6 at some point. I'd really like to see this feature supported in the future, hopefully with the new voicemail system you are implementing. Please consider! This would make android devices much more attractive and useful. Your competitors don't offer this as far as I'm aware, you could be the first!

Category:
Comments
denversmith8
Just Moved In

The comment by Barbara1 is obviously spam, but I think the first comment by LoveKC is an excellent point. I would love to see this come to my Nexus 6P, which is already an awesome phone, but this would make it better. Currently, I have the 'visual voicemail' option enabled with Telus, but all it does is transcribe the voicemail and then email or SMS it to the account of my choosing. While this works very well, having the voice file and the transcription built in to the Android 6.0 Visual Voicemail capability would be awesome!

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Great news @LoveKC!

We're now offering visual voicemail for Android. Right now it's available on the Nexus 6P, 5X and the Pixel and Pixel XL with more devices to come.

Still have that Nexus 6P, @denversmith8?

Head to the visual voicemail page for more info and instructions on how to add. Thanks for the suggestion and I'm happy to finally be able to let you know it's here.

Status changed to: Completed
datajack
Just Moved In

Any updates on that?

Any release schedule available or Qx idea for other phone models (S8+ in my case)?

Thank you