cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GRZ
Just Moved In

Make the Optik TV app compatible with Google Chromebook. Currently when trying to install app, "this app may not be optimized for your device" alert comes on. When you try to install the app a "Optik TV has stopped" flag comes up. When you select open app again, the "close app" flag appears.

4 Comments
NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You should be able to watch it in the Chromebook browser at: watchoptik.telus.com

Status changed to: Closed
Scoto
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

@GRZ, If I'm not mistaken, the ability to run Android apps on Chromebook is still in beta so you may run into problems. In the meantime, the broswer version is available at the link @NFtoBC sent.

If you have any difficulties with that, check the support pages at https://www.telus.com/support/topic/tv#/optik-tv/optik-tv-app or give us a call at 310-6988 or connect online at telus.com/chat.

gmosley
Just Moved In

The Android version of the Optik TV app, at least for a current model Chromebook (ASUS), seems to be less than beta. Using it, I can "see" the shows recorded on my PVR but I can't do anything with the info. All action symbols, like delete or scroll, appear to be disabled or at the very least, non-functional.

The iPhone version of the app works just fine on my iPhone 6.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

What happens when you use a regular Android device and not a Chrome OS device?