cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVOLUTION OPTIK TV REMOTE TV w/Amazon FireTV

dadlife
Just Moved In

Has anyone successfully 'programmed their remote with TV' with an Amazon FireTV?  

When I go to Settings>Remotes & Accessories>Program Remote w/TV>Search for TV Brand > 

I can't seem to locate either Amazon or FireTV; since the TV is essentially a ROKU TV,  I do happen to find AOC (ROKU TV), ATVIO (ROKU TV), ELEMENT (ROKU TV), HAIER (ROKU TV), HISENSE (ROKU TV) <I know it's not this one), HITACHI (ROKU TV), INSIGNIA (ROKU TV) <I know it's not this one either), JVC (ROKU TV), MAGNAVOX (ROKU TV), ONN (ROKU TV), PHILIPS (ROKU TV), RCA (ROKU TV), SANYO (ROKU TV), SHARP (ROKU TV), TCL (ROKU TV), WESTINGHOUSE (ROKU TV).

I have tried most of them but to no avail. Yes, I have called technical support, and they tell me that the box is 'Google-internet based,' so it is constantly updating, but I thought perhaps the #neighbourhood might know.

Something tells me that when I bought the TV, Toshiba either manufactured it or reverted to the new model, which is manufactured by Amazon directly. And yes, I have also tried Toshiba, which has been unsuccessful.

Has anyone had any luck programming their Amazon FireTV? If so, please let me know!!!   😫 😞 😤

2 REPLIES 2

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
What’s the model number of the tv?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @dadlife I can always suggest speaking with our technical support team at 1-888-811-2323 if you don't find the answer but you can always find a guide here: https://www.telus.com/en/support/interstitial/program-your-remote-for-optik-tv