cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I mount my telus cable box behind my tv?

JeffC
Friendly Neighbour

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If your Optik box has an IR port on the back then all you need is the IR extender cable.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Do you have the new TELUS TV Digital Box, or the technicolor or arris box? If you have the new digital box you can as the remote is bluetooth. If you have the Arris or Technicolor box, the remote requires line of sight. As it's only IR and will not work hidden,.

JeffC
Friendly Neighbour
My cable box is an older one, so definitely not the new Android box. I don't see technicolour or Arris marked anywhere on the box either. I guess the question should actually be, what do I need to do to mount the cable box behind the TV & have it function? I did a little internet research & it sounds like I would need an infrared extender cable. Perhaps I should contact Telus & inquire about the Android box.

If your Optik box has an IR port on the back then all you need is the IR extender cable.

JeffC
Friendly Neighbour
Thx xray. My box does have an IR port.

Unfortunately there are 2 types of 3.5 mm plugs for the IR extenders, mono (TS) and stereo (TRS). Make sure you get the one that matches the IR port on your box.

JeffC
Friendly Neighbour
Thanks for the heads up! Knowing me if I have a 50/50 chance, 80% of the time I'm wrong! Lol

JeffC
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks for the heads up! If I have a 50/50 chance of getting it right or wrong, 80% of the time I'm wrong! Lol