cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation times being cancelled

EDS
Neighbour

I ordered a Fibre internet connection on March 13th, and I still do not have service. The property had fibre installed to a house that is being demolished. I am trying to install internet in the newly built house.  I tried to explain the situation on the phone, taking at least three conversations. A tech showed up just to look at the situation. A contractor arrived a week later to pull the new fibre. Notes for the techs do not seem to be updated, so they cancelled the last install date because they do not think that the fibre has been pulled. When I called about that install time after the time window passed and no one arrived (I received two text messages and an email to confirm that they would be there), I was told they had booked another date. The day before that date, I received another text stating that my installation date had been moved again. I had already booked more time off from work to be available for that time. I want to confirm that installers have correct information in their notes so that they will show up and install internet. The call center people are friendly, but information does not seem to get to the correct people.  I believe that they will cancel again thinking that fibre has not been installed, when it was installed 3 weeks ago. How do I connect with the actual installation team?  This has been very frustrating to deal with. 

4 REPLIES 4

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can call our team directly at 1-844-372-8559 to inquire further, or reach out to our social media channels if you'd like for our team to look into this with you!

Hi A-B, that was not the installation team phone number. You sent a phone number for the Telus call center, but that has proven several times to be unhelpful. Please send the direct number of the actual techs attending my site in Victoria, BC. I need to actually talk to a person who can change the notes that the techs receive so they don't cancel my appointment again.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

There unfortunately aren't direct numbers for regional areas.

EDS
Neighbour

The appointment was cancelled again. The tech that was assigned and dropped had been to my place over a month ago to start the process and called me to see why the installation was still open and why the appointment was cancelled. If he had not called me, I would have been waiting again for no tech to show. There needs to be a better way to communicate and if appointments are being cancelled by Telus, Telus should call to let the customer know. I still don't have internet but the tech promised me that someone would be out today (May 6th) to help.