cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home / Assistant Support - does not work.

Foonus
Ambassador

This is broken on so many levels..

Attempting to add Telus Home Assistant to Google...

1.jpg

Telus Service selected, redirects to web portal for login which succeeds in web portal.

3.jpg

First of the BS here...channel 9097?? I bought a security system not Telus TV. no mention of it being a requirement to make the security system run... click on "Allow" That screen disappears and dumps you back to the Google Home app

2.jpg

And back to square one all over again after it fails.

So if we cant use the Google Home app, use the Google Assist (voice) function as a temporary workaround right? If only, that one is next to useless as it seems that any basic security features (even unlocking your door) have been disabled.

fail.jpg

We won't even begin to mention the issues with Samsung smart things, which would be another essay onto itself.

Fortunately for the readers sake, the hub does not detect even one single piece of Telus' gear, even though they have full support for what used to be ADT's.

Really unimpressed with the setup, the sensors, cameras, and rest of the gear are all there and running but Telus really needs to get on the ball and set the back end up correctly to be accessed by Google Play, Alexa, and even Siri...other providers have done this for years including the ADT infrastructure that Telus bought (broke). Alternatively if they are just going to give up with that then at least make the gear work with a smarthub so that we can do it ourselves.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aduffy01
Just Moved In

I have had issues with the Google Home app as well   although  "Unlock Door" "Disarm Alarm"   Ummm  No thanks... I dont need the insurance company denying my claim because my voice asst let them in when they asked it to... and many will say ..but voice recognition... bull.... my 3 and 5 year old can talk to google with NO issue and we have NOT set them up on recognition 

" Arm Alarm...Lock Door   Turn on and Off lights" all seems to work ...ok..ish  The worst is have to connect to Alarm.com every time you want to do something instead of google just taking care of it for you !

The TV Channel thing..... i can see that being a pain if you dont have TV and there should be an alternate process

Smartthings.....  I have moved my Thermostat, Door Locks, and lights all to my Samsung hub and no issues at all.  Remember to EXCLUDE them from their current network (alarm) they cannot be on 2 networks at one time and that a Zwave issue not a Telus issue. Unfortunately some of the other sensors are using a wireless tech that Samsung is not 😞  but again.... even if you door sensor was Samsung compatible its very likely that if hooked to Samsung then its NOT on the alarm and wont trigger an alarm if the door was opened

I know some of this wont help you but maybe help you have a better understanding of how some of the tech works 

Have a great day 

Adam 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Aduffy01
Just Moved In

I have had issues with the Google Home app as well   although  "Unlock Door" "Disarm Alarm"   Ummm  No thanks... I dont need the insurance company denying my claim because my voice asst let them in when they asked it to... and many will say ..but voice recognition... bull.... my 3 and 5 year old can talk to google with NO issue and we have NOT set them up on recognition 

" Arm Alarm...Lock Door   Turn on and Off lights" all seems to work ...ok..ish  The worst is have to connect to Alarm.com every time you want to do something instead of google just taking care of it for you !

The TV Channel thing..... i can see that being a pain if you dont have TV and there should be an alternate process

Smartthings.....  I have moved my Thermostat, Door Locks, and lights all to my Samsung hub and no issues at all.  Remember to EXCLUDE them from their current network (alarm) they cannot be on 2 networks at one time and that a Zwave issue not a Telus issue. Unfortunately some of the other sensors are using a wireless tech that Samsung is not 😞  but again.... even if you door sensor was Samsung compatible its very likely that if hooked to Samsung then its NOT on the alarm and wont trigger an alarm if the door was opened

I know some of this wont help you but maybe help you have a better understanding of how some of the tech works 

Have a great day 

Adam