cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else have a SkybellHD doorbell camera?

Gyro
Organizer

Does anyone else have a Skybell HD Doorbell?

The reason I ask is that I am told that there are no other complaints about this doorbell, yet I continue to have firmware upgrade problems and inconsistent motion sensor detection, to the point that I have seen people come up to our front door, check my mailbox, etc...and we have no security footage. Telus has confirmed my system has no streaming problems, WiFi download is 75mbps - upload is 23mbps, T3200M modem OK, settings: sensitivity high, 1080p resolution, stream video on, notifications set for both doorbell pushbutton and motion sensitivity on Telus App and Telus alarm.com website. My system has been checked multiple time by Telus Smarthome, but without more feedback their hands are tied.
If you go to the Telus website to change your camera resolution: e.g. go to www.alarm.com/login.aspx and sign in with your Telus Smarthome ID and password, you get to your panel home screen,  click on the '3 lines (menu)' in the upper left screen, click on 'video',  and in the top centre page under 'video' click 'settings',  and then 'video device info'. If you have other video cameras make sure your video device, in the upper left corner is set to your 'doorbell. When you scroll down it will show your current SKYBELLHD doorbell firmware version...in my case it shows ver. 5017 and a symbol to update the current firmware to version 5039. Telus has tried on many occasions to do this update on my system without success.
Have any of you, with the round SkybellHD doorbell, had a successful update to version 5039? If not, you may be having streaming problems and other issues you may not be aware of...this does not affect the slimline models....normally these updates are done behind the scenes, but not this time, at least for me, for now. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I previously had a Skybell HD that would not download a firmware update even though it was available. The wireless signal to the device was in the high 70's so that wasn't the issue. I received a new one when Telus security was setup at my new residence. I have had zero issues with the replacement one. It receives and updates without issue. I had been a early adopter of the Skybell hd on Telus security, so not sure if a certain revision of them had an issue or not.

I am currently on: Most Current Firmware Version: 5039

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I previously had a Skybell HD that would not download a firmware update even though it was available. The wireless signal to the device was in the high 70's so that wasn't the issue. I received a new one when Telus security was setup at my new residence. I have had zero issues with the replacement one. It receives and updates without issue. I had been a early adopter of the Skybell hd on Telus security, so not sure if a certain revision of them had an issue or not.

I am currently on: Most Current Firmware Version: 5039

Thanks for the feedback Westcoaster BC. Telus has replaced our SkybellHD doorbell at least 4 times with no success, and one of the possibilities is definitely a bad batch. After joining in March, we had a problem with the doorbell speaker output which was weak and garbled.....since there were no other complaints, it took four replacement doorbells before that issue was resolved....and so yes there is a good chance it could be a bad batch....but not enough of a problem for Telus to pursue...which is why the feedback is essential.