cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't load Pic tv (any channels) as error ~ "too many streams"??

JonnyBgood
Neighbour

on system 3 months:

Using modem to apple boxes (2 tvs), one up, one down, with Pik tv.

1.) Quite often when I turn on and go to guide and click channel, I get something about "too many streams" or some such message. The ultimate solution is to reboot modem, disconnect apples, and turn tvs off. Not very efficient when trying to watch the start of the news (etc). This occurs on both the upstairs and downstairs units.

2.) The other glitch is when I turn on and get double audio on any given channel - one audio is usually from one channel and then it doubles with the channel I turn on to.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @JonnyBgood 

Pik TV is limited to 2 concurrent streams, so this is likely the error that you're seeing. There can be a lag in the streams re-setting if you are switching devices. One thing that you could try is to log out from your TV provider on the Apple TV. 

If you're getting audio errors, I'd recommend force-quitting the app and re-loading it. You can do this by double-clicking the touchpad to bring up a view of all open apps and swiping up on the apps you want to force quit. Your login credentials should be maintained.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @JonnyBgood 

Pik TV is limited to 2 concurrent streams, so this is likely the error that you're seeing. There can be a lag in the streams re-setting if you are switching devices. One thing that you could try is to log out from your TV provider on the Apple TV. 

If you're getting audio errors, I'd recommend force-quitting the app and re-loading it. You can do this by double-clicking the touchpad to bring up a view of all open apps and swiping up on the apps you want to force quit. Your login credentials should be maintained.

wdwillows
Helpful Neighbour

If using an Apple TV box how do you "force quit"...seems the only option I have is to delete and reinstall?

please ignore my last query about force quitting...