cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pik TV is now available on Chromecast with Google TV & Sony Smart TVs running Android TV

cpantelis
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Great news everyone! Now there are more ways to enjoy your Pik TV App on the big screen as we have made it available on Chromecast with Google TV and Sony Smart TVs. This Android TV app is also available on Nvidia Shield and Nvidia Shield Pro.

If you are currently subscribed to Pik TV and already have one of the eligible devices, download and install the app on your Chromecast with Google TV or Sony Smart TV from the Google Play Store, then sign in with your My TELUS username and password. Forgot your My TELUS login? Reset it at telus.com/mytelus.

Here are some important things to remember:

• The Pik TV app is available for Chromecast with Google TV and is not compatible with Google Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra. The Pik TV app does not currently allow casting (using Chromecast or Airplay) or screen mirroring.

• The Pik TV app is supported on Sony Smart TVs manufactured in 2017 or later, running the Android TV operating system (Android 8/Android Oreo or higher) with at least 1.5 GB of RAM.

Interested in getting Pik TV? Learn more by visiting the Pik TV website

For additional support, please visit the dedicated Pik TV support articles

Have a question about Pik TV and can’t find the answer? Pose your question to the Neighbourhood!

Chromecast with Google TV requires a TV with an HDMI port, a Wi-Fi network, a Google Account, a nearby electrical outlet, and a compatible mobile device. Minimum OS requirements are available at g.co/cast/req. To view content in 4K, a 4K-capable TV and reliable broadband internet connection are also required.
Google, Google with Chromecast TV, Android TV and Chromecast Ultra area trademarks of Google LLC.

5 REPLIES 5

CC8
Just Moved In

Wonderful news. But please make the app available to Sony Android TV 2015 models as well. Sony has provided an update to Android 8 last year. It would be great to be able to watch all my channels in one app.

rcb
Friendly Neighbour

Are they going to make it compatible with normal Chromecast?

Long, long overdue!

Dman351
Neighbour
When will the Pik TV app be available for TCL Android TVs ?
TCL has been selling a lot of Android TVs in Canada for a while, from Best Buy and Amazon.
My Telus Pik TV media box is sluggish with Prime Video, still haven't received the New Android TV Home screen 3.0 yet either.

JamesM
Just Moved In

I recently got Optic TV installed after the Telus promotions people I talked with assured me that I could cast from my iPhone to my chromecasts using the Optic TV app. Everything I now find on the Telus website indicates this is NOT possible. I utilized this extensively with my Shaw TV app and cannot understand why Telus is unable to support this when Shaw has for a long time. Is casting to Chromecast coming soon?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

No, you can’t cast Optik from iPhone to Chromecast. You can install the PikTV app on appropriate hardware listed above. Telus has not described a timeline for availability of casting, if ever. Usually the broadcasters determine what is allowed to be cast, and Shaw may be in a different place, as they own so much content, where Telus is only a rebroadcaster of other company’s content.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"