Pik TV Apple TV app shows freezing

John_H
Connector

I noticed recently that frequently shows no matter the channel will freeze video but not audio when playing then the show speeds the video up to catch up to the audio so as to be in sync. Each time this has happened I’ve run Speedtest.net app on my Apple TV where I’m using the Pik TV app and on my iPhone. Both show up and down speeds approximating 700 Mbps on my gigabit fibre connection. Has anyone else experienced this lately? 

wdwillows
Helpful Neighbour

We have the same issue...have been on the phone to Telus Tech support three times in the last three days.  They steered me into upgrading my internet from 25 to 75 but after testing the problem persisits.  Video will freeze while audio plays on and then the video will speed up as though the person speaking is speaking very quickly to catch up.  Net result, three days of frustration and sold a higher internet feed not needed.

We have been getting a lot of errors messages prior to this..."using multiple copies, close one" etc...

wdwillows
Helpful Neighbour

been on the phone with Telus Tech today, Saturday, and it appears the issue is with the Apple TV ... told they are looking into this now.

John_H
Connector

Based on none of the streaming apps Prime, Netflix, YouTube or Disney+ display this issue with the exception the Pik TV app then it would seem to be a developer issue which is Telus, not Apple. As mentioned this is not a bandwidth / speed issue as I have a gigabit fibre connection with over 700Mbps up/down and the only other devices connected to the network while running the Apple TV is my son’s iPad and our iPhones. Hopefully Telus can resolve this bug soon.

wdwillows
Helpful Neighbour

Completely agree….we have Prime, Netflix, et.al.   All working flawlessly but, apparently Telus has some difficulty seeing this issue.  As mentioned been on the phone four days in a row and the only effort to date by Telus Tech support was to upsell my Ethernet.

PIK is a “not ready for prime time app” so hoping they solve this one.  One tech talked about “congestion” on our network….?

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@KHRCan you look into this.

Find a post useful, please click on "Like" to give the author recognition or mark as an accepted solution.
wdwillows
Helpful Neighbour

Thanks, Warren