cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pbs channels

JanetHudgins
Neighbour

As you offer (in the basic pkg) more than one channel for say, sports, why not more than one PBS channel? That seems fair to someone who is as interested in documentaries, the best of television, as others in sports.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The most basic of programming contains only Essentials Package which contains NO sports channels. 

You can choose the pre-built package with favourites ($40) which does contain a number of sports channels, but you can also choose the build it yourself package, and choose  6 theme packs including the Time Shift pack (in the Entertainment category)  plus which includes the Boston PBS channel ($40).

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Minky
Ambassador

Sports are not offered on Basic. You have to order the Sports package at $14 per month. To get the channels beyond your own area you need to order Time Shifting package at $7 per month.

Originals
Friendly Neighbour

If you look at the basic package on the site it shows 5 sports channels. So I agree with the op.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The most basic of programming contains only Essentials Package which contains NO sports channels. 

You can choose the pre-built package with favourites ($40) which does contain a number of sports channels, but you can also choose the build it yourself package, and choose  6 theme packs including the Time Shift pack (in the Entertainment category)  plus which includes the Boston PBS channel ($40).

NFtoBC

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

WGBH (Boston) is the only other channel of the PBS network. Like other networks, it is offered in the time shift category.

NFtoBC

Darlene1
Coach

On essentials i get tje knowledge network and KCTS, both are PBS. If you want the third PBS channel which is WGBH you have to get the time shift package. Hope this helps. I love all the PBS stations!!!

The Knowledge Network is not a PBS station. Knowledge Network is the CRTC-licensed provincial educational broadcaster for the Province of British Columbia.  Knowledge Network is funded by an annual operating grant from the BC provincial government and through support from over 38,000 individual donors, and Knowledge: Partners, whose gifts fund over 1/3 of the cost of delivering the Knowledge service.

Knowledge Network is not available on Telus in Alberta, but is available on Shaw Satellite in Alberta.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
It is supposed to be only available in BC, as it is a BC centric and BC sponsored channel. However it is a bit difficult to separate channels on satellite, so you get the bonus.

If I recall, it grew from the BC Community College Distance Education program.
NFtoBC

Thankyou.

Darlene1
Coach

I find wonderful documentaries and quaility dramas on KCTS and Knowledge. These are included in the Essentials (basic) channels. The one channel that is actually PBS, not sure about KCTS, is WGBH which you can get in the time shift channels. To me these channels receive donations from the public, hence i refer to them as Public Broadcasting System, or PBS. However they are described, these channels all have quality programing that I enjoy.